Comments

jeffjn wrote on 3/17/2013, 2:51 AM

OK, it bit more information.

I think this happened for the first time just before I applied the patch.

I've now tried three proxy file formats (The Magix format, best for HD and Best for DVD).and two types of source file so far (DLSR .MOV and GoPro MP4) and I'm currently creating a proxy file fro a MYS file.

the MOV file looks like this

both in the program and when I examine them in WMP.

I don't automatically accept Windoew update, I have quite a bit of other video software installed but none of this has been updated since Magix was behaving correctly.

Is this a known problem? Can I get any help fro Magix themselves? I'm going to uninstall the whole program today and re-install but that's all I can think of at the moment.

johnebaker wrote on 3/17/2013, 4:13 AM

Hi

Re-installing the software is usuually a last ditch effort when all else fails.

Try resetting the program to its default - found under File, Settings.

If that fails, with VPX closed, use Windows Explorer to search for Video_Pro_X.ini - you need to search hidden folders as well,.  You may find several of these - the one you want is the largest in file size - delete or rename it.  Then start VPX, it will recreate the file.

Note: in both options the program will be reset to its defaults.

If neither work and you want to re-install, use the Magix Cleaner tool to remove any remnants that are left behind after un-installing, before you install again.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/17/2013, 4:13 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

jeffjn wrote on 3/17/2013, 4:48 AM

Thanks for those tips John. I was just about to restore an older disc image but I'll try those first.

You've not seen or heard of anything like this before?

jeffjn wrote on 3/17/2013, 6:38 AM

OK, the very first of those - reseting the program to it's defaults using the menu option - seems to have fixed the issue! I'll carry on working and see if I can trigger it again. I have another question but I'll start a new thread :-)

Thanks for your help.

jeffjn wrote on 3/18/2013, 4:01 AM

Except I've booted this morning to find the project I have bee working on for 3 days totally empty. There isn't even a timeline (aranger) window.

Why this happened I don't know and I haven't got time to find out as today will be spent rebuilding it from scratch. From now on I'll make constant incremental backups.