Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/27/2013, 6:18 AM

Can we have a lot more detail about the project, please?  (Original file format(s), especially.)

4500MB should fit on a standard DVD without problem, assuming that is the size of the complete output including any disc menu.  If the video files alone are that size you might well have a space issue.

As a matter of interest I have successfully burned projects totalling very close to the theoretical maximum 4.7GB from VPX5, but I always create a Disc Image and then burn the actual disc in a third-party program like (the free) ImgBurn or (the not free, but not particularly expensive) Ashampoo Burning Studio.  Could you try to export your project using the same workflow? i.e. Export to "Image Recorder" and then burn the disc in another app?

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 11/27/2013, 6:18 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

valtonsteve wrote on 11/27/2013, 6:26 AM

The files are mts. ( i do videography for a living===still learning) it always burn fine most times i go up to 1:58min... on reg dvd.... the pro with export then burn is i always create a intro video for the menu when am buring in magix...that is my main pro..

emmrecs wrote on 11/27/2013, 8:48 AM

The files are mts. ( i do videography for a living===still learning) it always burn fine most times i go up to 1:58min... on reg dvd.... the pro with export then burn is i always create a intro video for the menu when am buring in magix...that is my main pro..

OK.  mts files should be no problem; they're the format I use most commonly.  However, 1 hour 58 minutes definitely means you are burning a disc at slightly less than optimum quality, though the visual difference is likely to be fairly negligible.  For my projects I tend to limit the playback time to about 1 hour 40 minutes.  Of course you can always use Dual-Layer discs for longer projects, though I would never attempt to burn such a disc directly from VPX; in this case I create the Disc Image in VPX and burn the disc in ImgBurn (a bit fiddly to set up for Dual-Layer but I've never had a failed disc with it.)

However, I really don't understand why you cannot use the Image Recorder option; you say you "always create an intro video for the menu".  Not sure exactly what that means but if you are saying that you create an introductory "menu" that is unique to that video, you can do this from within VPX5; or, are you saying you want a unique personal intro to be seen (perhaps some kind of production ident?) in addition to the "normal" MAGIX menu?  If so, and your video files without this special intro amount to 4500 MB I can well believe that the program will tell you there is too much material to burn on a standard DVD, at least without reducing the bit-rate.

So, perhaps a little more detail of exactly what this "intro video" consists of, how you create it and how it integrates with the more normal menu would be useful.

Last changed by emmrecs on 11/27/2013, 8:48 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

valtonsteve wrote on 11/27/2013, 10:43 AM

ok bro...basically u got it..the image burner otion is working what i want to know if i do the projact with Menus from magix and then i use img burn will the menus be there in working order..(if that sounds stupid sorry about that bro..)

emmrecs wrote on 11/27/2013, 1:45 PM

ok bro...basically u got it..the image burner otion is working what i want to know if i do the projact with Menus from magix and then i use img burn will the menus be there in working order..(if that sounds stupid sorry about that bro..)

Simple answer: Yes!  The Disc Image files which you have created are EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones which would be burned straight to the disc, containing everything, including the menus.  Just one thing to be aware of if you are using ImgBurn to create the actual disc: MEP/VPX Disc Image file format is .zip, i.e. you will see ONE file with that extension. To use ImgBurn you will need to "unzip" the zip file - it will create a series of files - and point ImgBurn to those unzipped files.

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 11/27/2013, 1:45 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

valtonsteve wrote on 11/27/2013, 3:23 PM

Thanks Jeff u have been a big help bro...