programme not able to find any soundpool samples used in song.

lonegroover2 wrote on 9/8/2014, 2:33 PM

I spent 3 hours this afternoon composing a new tune in magix mx. I only used  soundpool samples and saved at least 3 times over the 3 hours. going through some soundpool samples the programme froze and I had to task manager the programme which obviously said it was not responding. It rebooted magix mx for me and when I came to load my song in it could not find the first soundpool sample. In fact it could not find any of the soundpool samples although they are all there on my computer excatly where they have always been. When it asks me to go and find them I go into directory, point to the missing sample but it will not load it saying it cannot find. The upgrade patch is installed. I have not had this problem before, I have loaded older saved programmes they load perfect and find samples no problem........Help 

I have just had an idea, I saved a test song using 6 samples from rock alternative vol3 loaded an old song ran no problem, reloaded the test song and it's doing exactly the same file not found, giving me the opportunity to point it in the right direction going into the directory finding the file and it still says it can't find it

Hardware is M audio Delta Audiophile

Operating system win7 service pk1

Magix music maker mx version 18.04.01 (UDC1)

Soundpool dvd collection 17 on C:\ drive

What the hells going on, this is the best and worst software I have ever had. Best because it does exactly what I want, worst because it's so unstable and by now I would have thought magix could have sorted all the problems with decent programming and patches.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 9/8/2014, 3:24 PM

Hi,

Sometimes these things are frustrating. We have seen this problem before.

Look at this thread.

Check that the location of the soundpools in the Folders is correct - type P, click on Folders tab.

Under General options tab, try this - Clean up soundpool.....

Every detected Soundpool (on CD/DVD or on the hard drive) is added to the database and displayed there, even if the corresponding medium is currently not in the drive or if the Soundpool has been deleted or moved. This option helps to remove these entries in the database.

This deletes the Soundpool database. You have the option of maintaining the included and installed factory-provided Soundpool in the database.

If all else fails, try the reset and then restart the program. If it doesn't recreate the database of Styles, click on the +add button and go and get everything.

Good luck.

Last changed by browj2 on 9/8/2014, 3:24 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

browj2 wrote on 9/8/2014, 3:29 PM

Here are the screen shots of the program settings:

Here is where I keep all of my soundpools, sound effects, etc. Magix usually puts most of them here anyways:

Last changed by browj2 on 9/8/2014, 3:29 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

browj2 wrote on 9/8/2014, 5:46 PM

Here is a copy of my reply to your PM:

Hi,

We should keep this in the Q&A area so that others can profit from this.

I will post this in there as well.

Somewhere, somehow Magix asked where to put the Soundpools, or it took the location from somewhere, it is probably because that was how they used to do this and they have now changed how it works. Yours is an older version of MMM.

Below is a screen shot of my C:\ProgramData\MAGIX folder. I have many Magix programs. It would be difficult to follow if all of the Soundpools, sound effects, purchased (or free) songs, etc. were all mixed in with the program data of each version. For the soundpools, they are mostly ogg files. Scanning through my folders shows that there are many, but they are all in Demo folders because these are the files that the Demos that come with the program use that came with the program. They are the same ones that you would have received when you downloaded the additional sounds and instruments (see under Help in the program).

So, if Magix placed your soundpools somewhere in C:\ProgramData\MAGIX, I suggest that you move them to the C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools folder. That way everything is together and you can quickly check to see what you have. Then add everything back into MMM.

Below is an screenshot of one of the folders showing the soundpool names that came with the package Basics_19. Note that I left the original name so that I can trace back to which package they came in.

I also made a spreadsheet of all of these, not the audio files themselves, just the package name, like Basics_19 follow by the Soundpool name, like "90s Eurodance Vol. 1."

Check the tutorial by Nihon94. He and I had a discussion about the management of all of these. (It is somewhere in the Forum) We did not want to purchase duplicates. Thus, we keep everything in one location.

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks for the reply info regarding my magic mx problem. I have tried cleaning up the soundpool but no difference. I was wondering before I move all my soundpool files into the user directory why win7 has put mine in Program files (x86) under Magix/magix sounds and then +2,000 sounds +basicA-2004, Basicb-2004, BasicC-2004, soundpool-DVD. This is followed by movie edit pro mx, Music-maker.mx. Is this the right directory for win7?

If I look under my users/public/public documents/ I find (magix-music-maker-mx) under this heading is basics-18, with chillout vol 6,electro pop vol 1, hip hop vol 13, minimal tech-house vol 10, rock alternative vol 4, techno trance vol 14. shall I move all my soundpools from program files (x86) to this directory and do another clean up soundpool after re-setting the soundpool folder directory to read above.

hope this makes sense are you using win7, folders seem different?

Many thanks

Last changed by browj2 on 9/8/2014, 5:46 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

nihon94 wrote on 9/9/2014, 12:21 AM

If you wish you can also try this

Clear internet browser's history and cookies.

Repair registry entires. It is very sensitive matter if you are not sure you can use a free CCleaner. It will also back up the present registry entries. After repairing if you wish you can roll back.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Some time when we use computer Registry got corrupt and create problem.

Please update: Computer drivers, BIOS and Browser.

Having faster Processor and More Ram also help software to run smoothly . Do you know if your processor is more than 2. Ghz and Memoryy = Ram is at least 4GB or more?

Which driver did you set in the Magix?

nihon94

fedup wrote on 12/2/2017, 11:33 AM

3 hours ago bought the $149 Pro X 3 suite but cannot find demo song.

browj2 wrote on 12/2/2017, 11:39 AM

Hi,

This is a 3 year old thread about MusicMaker, not Samplitude. Please start your own thread in the correct category and provide more information like what you did to install Samplitude and the addons.

John C.B.

nihon94 wrote on 12/2/2017, 2:53 PM

Indeed it is very old thread.😎

fedup wrote on 12/3/2017, 4:11 AM

Thanks for the replies. Old thread? Well I just Googled and asked! I shall see how things go this morning and then look for the Samplitude section.

Seasons Greetings to you all!

Dave.