Program updates

Bradley-Parker wrote on 5/21/2021, 5:51 AM

Magix,

I hope all is well with everyone and once again thanks for all of

the great Sound Forge software.  We have been using Sound Forge

since Windows 98!

I have a question.  In the old days, both with Forge and Sony

they would publish updates as update files with various fixes.

We would save the files for when we needed to build a new

computer.

With Magix that system does not exist.  Can you help me with

Sound Forge 12 to let me know what is the final update.  Also,

does that update exist within the current download of the program

on your site?

With Music,

Bradley Parker "Sparrow"

Sparrow Sound Design and Southport Records

1977-2021

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/21/2021, 7:05 AM

@Bradley-Parker You can just download the newest update for your version from the help menu. This will download a MXUpdater.exe. If I remember it correctly the file is saved to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp\MXUpdater.exe

You need to backup this file. It will be deleted automatically after the update is installed so you need to copy the file before the update is done.

Bradley-Parker wrote on 5/21/2021, 7:45 AM

Thanks from Chicago!

rraud wrote on 5/21/2021, 10:15 AM

Installing Sound Forge over the previous 'build' saves the customizations and such. So do not uninstall it first.. unless of course there are other issues. There is a 12.1 update patch available as well for SF Pro 12.

Bradley-Parker wrote on 5/21/2021, 12:08 PM

Thanks the for help. So Sound Forge 12.1 is in the current full download on the magic site?

sparrow in chicago

rraud wrote on 5/21/2021, 1:36 PM

Use that, which is the latest build, Install it right over the existing build w/o uninstalling the previous build independently..

Bradley-Parker wrote on 5/23/2021, 2:33 PM

RRAUD,

Thanks for the information about the update. All worked! Perhaps MAGIX could add some release notes

so that users understand that the current updates are included with the Sound Forge 12 version that is posted on the website?

sparrow in chicago

rraud wrote on 5/23/2021, 5:45 PM

New build notes are somewhat 'hidden' in the update patch download notice. SCS used to post them separately.