Program extension error

Cole wrote on 9/16/2021, 5:53 PM

Magix crashed while I was working on a project and now whenever I open up it gives me an error that I can't open it because I dont have the premium version. Nothing in this file is from the premium version as I've never had it, every sound I used was properly bought and I cant even refer back to a earlier backup because it still says the same thing. Hours of work lost, if there is a way to fix this please let me know

The error:

Comments

browj2 wrote on 9/16/2021, 9:17 PM

@Cole

Hi,

Somehow, your project ended up with more than 8 tracks. Did your project have more than 8 tracks? Did you ever have more tracks than that?

Which version of Music Maker? Look at the startup screen and it should be shown as 30.something.. If not, then open a new project and look under Help, About for the version number.

After starting up, are you logged in?

Did you try first starting Music Maker? Does it work with a new project?

If so, then make sure that you are logged in and then try opening your project.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 9/17/2021, 2:43 AM

@Cole If you cannot log in then please go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the cache of the store and it should help to get your features back.