Comments

Nickillus wrote on 8/16/2018, 3:24 AM

Hi Goran,

I have an alternate version of the problem, but with the same software. I got the message to update Music Maker Premium from within the program, when it was running. Sounded important to do, so I followed the prompts, including the pc restart. It installed fine, or at least without obvious hitches. My only gripe with that being it does not offer you control over where exactly you want it or its components installed.

However now Music Maker Premium 2019 refuses to load at all. It just hangs there stalling, with the splash screen blocking the middle of the screen. Task manager indicates occasional, minimal activity but it isn't even making it past 'initialising soundpool'. First few attempts it only made it to 'initialising layout'. As someone who doesn't go near the soundpool this is doubly frustrating.

Having been through the mill getting version 2018 to work properly, with long winded, individual reinstallation of the collection of Magix instruments gathered over the last few years, I'd hoped that this update was the consolidation of a more system friendly and stable version? That said, I did expect the first launch to take a little longer while everything catches up, but this goes way beyond that. I have now completely lost my most used DAW, for the moment.

If others are having more joy, perhaps we could have some suggestions for a simple remedy - pretty please?

Cheers,
Nick

EDIT - Ooh! After only 25 minutes it has made it to 'initializing program layout' . . . . . . . . .

EDIT-2 - Given up waiting another 45 minutes later . . . . .

johnebaker wrote on 8/16/2018, 5:50 AM

@egevad

. . . . I am only able to insatll Music Maker - not Music Maker Premium 2019 . . . . Anyone else having this problem? . . .

There is no problem - the program dropped the year number in its name. The last version that used the year in its name was Music Maker 2016.

Since then it has been called Music Maker - the year is sometimes used to indicate which version you have, however this is not accurate - the version number is as found under Help, About.

@Nickillus

Assuming you are on Windows 10 try un-installing/reinstalling following this procedure.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/16/2018, 5:51 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Nickillus wrote on 8/16/2018, 6:14 AM

Windows 7 Pro, thanks John. Should have mentioned that. Appreciate the input, and any future suggestions. Have to pop out in a minute, so if I don't reply shortly, it isn't that I'm not grateful and interested.

Cheers,
Nick

EDIT - Brilliant - now if I try relaunching often and long enough the program gets closer to actually starting - except that I get the 'Music Maker has stopped working' message while the splash screen is still up and it crashes before it can actually do that. Does that count as progress?

fan-boy wrote on 8/16/2018, 4:51 PM

Magix gave "update" ? from mm25 2018 , to version 27.0.0.16 . I did NOT know it was the same 2019 .exe download ( about 856 meg bytes ) . I let it go and did it .works ok . yes it defaulted to C drive ( didn't want it there ) . first time launch building layout took couple minutes . I entered MM25 2018 Premium SN number for "Older Programs" , activation . Instruments and Features are all there . No problems running on windows 10 x64 .

Update Aug 21 , 2018

as the other post states : MIDI Editor continues to play MIDI notes after pressing space bar to stop . seems unstable somehow . back to using MM25 Premium 2018 .

Nickillus wrote on 8/16/2018, 6:34 PM

Well for whatever reason, and without me changing anything, perseverance seems to have got me to a state where the program loads now. Woohoo! I'll be back to report if there seem to be any stability issues . . . . . .