Comments

SP. wrote on 3/11/2022, 10:14 PM

@IgnacioT-Granados You can try to uninstall a program from Windows called something like Magix Cloud, Update Notifier, Magix Connect, Magix Network Sync.

IgnacioT-Granados wrote on 3/12/2022, 9:16 AM

Not you can't, I already uninstall all programs related to Magix but this is an adware, and adware behaves like a malware, so it remains hidden in the system. That's why I'm calling in the company so they can elevate they commercial standard a bit. Actually, adware is just a malware, just benign but still subreptitious and unethical

emmrecs wrote on 3/12/2022, 10:58 AM

@IgnacioT-Granados

I'm calling in the company

These are user to user forums so I'm not sure whether you think your post will elicit an "official" answer? If you are thinking that, I fear you will be disappointed, since Magix staff do not routinely view or comment on posts here.

If you are continuing to see pop-ups from Magix (to describe them as adware is wholly incorrect, in my opinion) then you have not uninstalled all programs related to Magix. If you actually had done what you say, these pop-ups would not be continuing; Magix programs do not hide anything in the system. (Please notice I wrote "uninstalled", not "removed" or simply "deleted". Also, the default Windows or Magix uninstallers do NOT actually uninstall everything since certain files, folders and registry entries are created on first and subsequent runs of the program(s) so the default uninstaller does not know they exist and so cannot remove them.)

If you wish to ensure that everything connected with Magix is removed from your computer I would personally recommend downloading and installing the trial version of Revo Uninstaller Pro, using its "Forced Uninstall" process, which can search your computer, its files, folders, registry entries etc., for anything from Magix, list for you what it has found and offer you the opportunity to remove it.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator (like all the moderators here, I am NOT a Magix employee).

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

IgnacioT-Granados wrote on 3/12/2022, 11:30 AM

Thank you, it actually help a lot, I came to identify the program (I think) and remove it, as noted it was the "update notified" but I had not way to know it 'till you or someone here tell me. so thanks again, and I'm sorry for any disturbance I could have create in this space.