Preview image and text disappear when previewing in the Burn section!

redmousecj wrote on 4/1/2008, 6:12 PM
Everytime I want to preview my main menu for the DVD, the preview images and the text are not there for a few seconds and then it reappears. I have used a video background and i think this may be the problem.

The version Magix software is edit pro 14 plus and I have used a video in the background, I haven't used a intro video for the beginning.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/2/2008, 3:40 AM
At this point, this might just be a misunderstanding, I think. The play/preview button for the background video exclusively previews that background video/animation. It does not show the menu in its entirety by design. If you just encode and burn your DVD now, you will most likely find that in the encoded result everything will be as intended: The menu text and control elements will be on top of the background video. Also, if you set up an intro video sequence, this will play before the main menu video and the control elements appear.

If it really doesn't seem to work in the encoded menu, some more information would be helpful, e.g.: What program and version are you using? Are you using one of preset animated menu templates and the background video that goes with it or are you customizing the background menu?
ralftaro wrote on 4/2/2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks for adding the additional information regarding program version and so on.

I played around with that and I think I see what you mean. Basically, what it is, is that when you set up a background video, everything before the loop part of the video seems to be used as some kind of intro, during which the buttons and titles representing the menu entries/movies are not showing up yet. Once the actual permanent menu loop starts, the navigation elements are displayed. So, if you want to see the elements during the whole duration, you would have to set the "start of the menu loop" at the very beginning. Might be a quirk or might be intended functionality. I'm not sure, but I hope the info helps.