Comments

rraud wrote on 4/27/2022, 9:14 AM

Hi @Vince-HA, does SF crash if the default plugs are removed from the chainer. The chainer defaults can be changed to alternates or eliminated.

Vince-HA wrote on 4/27/2022, 10:01 AM

I went in to the chain to reset things and got this error:

"An error occurred while loading a plug-in. Access denied. Make sure this file is not read only or in use by another application."

rraud wrote on 4/27/2022, 12:44 PM

Does this happen with PCM files, or only MP3 (and other lossy file types),

Vince-HA wrote on 4/27/2022, 12:48 PM

PCM files (I haven't tried .MP3's)

rraud wrote on 4/27/2022, 2:59 PM

The behavior would be the same then. Some issues can be resolved by enabling 'Always proxy compressed formats', but that only pertains to lossy files. PCM is not a lossy format.

Have you tried resetting SF?
In the 'File' menu, select "Reset and clear cached data". Close and restart Sound Forge. Just so you know, resetting will revert all your custom settings back to the 'factory' defaults.

Vince-HA wrote on 4/27/2022, 3:36 PM

Done.. WOW! I forgot how many hoops I have to jump through to get even the simplest functionality because of the odd defaults.

rraud wrote on 4/28/2022, 9:22 AM

because of the odd defaults.

Some custom settings can be relatively easy to save and restored.. Some are in the users AppData (system folder), whist others are in the PC's registry.
AFAIK, there is no easy way to save and restore all of one's custom settings... aside from a complete hard drive image.