Please help me get video or audio when recording analog!

QueenV wrote on 5/10/2009, 12:04 PM
I've tried different tapes, In section 1: - the HP PC that I have is made to be used as an entertainment center and has inputs for jacks on the front of the box - I have cycled through the video and audio drivers.  In "input" I have opened the property page and set the VCR to ch 4 and the Magix tuner to ch 4 (I've also let it auto tune - nothing).  The magix tuner under "input" doesn't change according to the new settings though, so I have cycled through these too and find that I can get sound on the comp or s-video settings - but my VCR doesn't have inputs for either of those cables. 

All I get is static.  Please help!!!

Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 5/11/2009, 12:14 AM
Wow, that's pretty frustrating.  Unfortunately, you may have to use a work around.  Hopefully, there is someone who can help.  Please provide your specifc HP computer.  Also, you might try posting your issue on the other Magix User's Forum at support.magix.net.

I use a Hauppauge PVR-150 TV Tuner card in my HP computer and had the same problem in that MEP (similar to your Magix program) recognized the TV Tuner card, but would not get the video.  It turns out, Magix won't record using that card.

This wasn't a big deal to me because I always record with the software that came with the PVR-150 anyway.

So, you may have to record your VHS tapes with any built in software that came with your HP computer.  Record to MPEG format.  Once you have the MPEG movie, you can pull that into Magix.

It seems lame, but in the end, it's the exact same process, you just record with a different program than Magix.  Once you have the movie loaded into Magix, you can then do all the editing and burning the same as if you had recorded with Magix.

On the other hand, there are a lot of HP computers out there, and maybe someone else can provide a more satisfying answer for you.  Check out support.magix.net.

The last suggestion is to contact Magix support directly.  You can email them via the support.magix.net  ("contact" on the left-hand column).  I've emailed them a few times this last year and most of the time I get a satisfying answer/solution, but it takes several days.

Good luck