playback not working properly when signed in

pete-thomas wrote on 12/19/2022, 10:59 AM

Ok starting today when I try and play back any of my projects or any of your demo projects when I am signed in there is 
1 delay/echo in the sound
2 the project never stops playing
3 the red marker is about a second behind the playback
4 if i sign out playback works fine but not on projects more than 8 tracks
5, I have reinstalled the software no effect
6 I have installed Music Maker 2023 no effect
7 I  have installed the latest updates no effect
8 I have switched my laptop off and on no effect

The delay echo happens if I am playing just one sample in a new projevt and that sample continues to play beyoond the yellow marker

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/19/2022, 11:14 AM

@pete-thomas

First, please remember these are user to user forums, there are no Magix staff here and the demo projects are not ours.

What audio interface are you using?

Please tell us exactly which audio driver type you are using; a screenshot of the Settings>Audio/MIDI tab could prove very useful. If you are using a standard Windows driver, have you checked (in its settings) that any and all "Enhancements" are turned off? If you are using an ASIO driver (much to be preferred) are its drivers up to date?

Exactly which version and build of MM do you currently have? The latest release version is 31.0.3.26 but there is also a public Beta (31.0.3.37) which is available via this thread and might be worth installing.

The problem with the cursor etc., is almost certainly a graphics issue. Have you checked that your graphics drivers are fully up to date (via the manufacturer's website, not via Windows Update)?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

pete-thomas wrote on 12/19/2022, 11:45 AM

ok I am currently using .26 and i will try .37... all my drivers are up to date and I know this is USER TO USER and have reported the fault to Support via the email system. I will report back when .37 is installed. If I am not signed in everything works

pete-thomas wrote on 12/19/2022, 11:53 AM

I have now installed .37 and switched to ASIO and all working fine thankyou

emmrecs wrote on 12/19/2022, 3:44 PM

@pete-thomas

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it’s all sorted.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam