play button at bottom of screen

Dennis-Ramdawah wrote on 8/22/2021, 2:18 PM

I have a very simple ask for my soundforge 9.0

Recently the play, forward, reverse buttons are now located at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

They previously were located top left. Can you please advise how i can get it back to this position? I've tried dragging and dropping but nothing is happening. Thank you.

Comments

rraud wrote on 8/22/2021, 4:27 PM

I am assuming Sound Forge-9 is the same or very similar Sound Forge Pro-10, which I am looking at.
The toolbar 'transport' window' is likely hidden or not enabled. Go to "View> Toolbars" and check-mark "Transport". You can then drag the window anywhere you prefer. If you want it in the upper toolbar, confirm "Allow windows to dock" is enabled in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu, You can also hold down the 'Shift' key whilst dragging the transport window to the toolbar if 'docking' is not enabled.
FWIW, you can also add specific transport items to the toolbars if you so desire in "View> Toolbars> Customize"

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Dennis-Ramdawah. If you would like to upgrade to Sound Forge-15, you are entitled to the discount if you have valid SF-9 serial code.

Dennis-Ramdawah wrote on 8/22/2021, 4:35 PM

Amazing!!! Thank you so very much!! it worked!! One last question. I had seven audio samples that i wanted to insert at various locations in a mix, however i did not see any options to insert those samples. Is that possible to do in this version?

rraud wrote on 8/23/2021, 12:39 PM

I had seven audio samples that i wanted to insert at various locations in a mix,

Hi @Dennis-Ramdawah,

- 'Copy' the audio you wish to insert (Edit menu or Ctrl+C).
- Place the cursor exactly where you wish to insert it on the timeline.
- Execute 'Paste' (Edit menu or Ctrl+V).

I am not 100% sure about SF-9, but SF Pro-10 and later versions, have an "Event" mode (opposed to normal 'Edit'), which offers even more control for pasting, inserting, and moving clips around.. in addition to precise x-fades, ect . Much like Vegas and CD Architect.

If you wish to 'add' audio over-the-top of audio that is already there (for instance, a snare drum hit, applause,. or whatever), use the "Mix" tool ('Edit> Paste Special' or Ctrl+M).