Persistent Export Bug

BritneyParallax wrote on 4/20/2024, 4:52 PM

Hello, I'm having an issue when exporting to .mp3 or .wav files from MUSIC MAKER. My current version is v32.1.0.13. but this problem appeared on the last two versions I used as well.

The issue is that at the beginning of every export, a single unintentional note is played by at least one, sometimes multiple of the VSTs I have added to my project. Whether I check the box for 'Only Export between the start and end markers' or not, there is always at least one phantom note right at the beginning of my export.

I've uploaded an example file to illustrate the problem. Inside MM when I play the project there is no sound until 8 seconds in when the FX track begins, and then the VSTs on the other three tracks start at 16 seconds. But in the export there is a note from the VSTs immediately.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/22/2024, 6:53 AM

@BritneyParallax Please check your audio driver settings. Navigate to File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI. Here select an ASIO driver, for example the Music Maker ASIO driver. Next, click on the Advanced button to open the ASIO driver settings. Here you can select your audio input and audio output and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. Does the export now work fine?

BritneyParallax wrote on 4/22/2024, 7:24 PM

I went into advanced settings under Audio/MIDI and changed the buffer size from 1024 to 2048. Still having the issue same as before during export.

Thankfully, in the time since I made my original post, I've discovered that the issue only appears in files when I have the 'Normalize' checkbox marked on the Export Dialog. Because I was only using that option due to being a beginner, I've opted to leave it alone from now on and look into better ways to adjust my levels.

Hopefully the issue won't come up again.