Permission to use samples?

David-Pook wrote on 1/2/2023, 12:49 PM

Ok, some of you may have come across this, but this is a regular thing for me.

OneRPM is the distributor i use to get my music out. Occasionally, they don't like a track and cite the reason that I don't have permission to use the samples. Even though I have purchased the Commercial (Royalty free) version samples on Music Maker.

This really annoys me, so i have sent them images of the emails when you purchase that you get when payment has been received etc. This is still not good enough.

I have now sent them a link to the terms and condition of this site, as well as pdf to producerplanet terms and conditions.

I await to hear what they say.

Am i doing the right thing, or can you suggest a link or wording that may help for the future???

Thanks

David

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/2/2023, 1:11 PM

@David-Pook I think you are doing it the correct way by sending the order confirmation e-mail and terms and services.

But if the distributor doesn't like that you use premade loops, even if they are reworked or manipulated into something original, you cannot do much about this. The only option is using another distributor.

Maybe they test your song against a song database and it comes up with similar sounding songs?

David-Pook wrote on 1/2/2023, 2:16 PM

@David-Pook I think you are doing it the correct way by sending the order confirmation e-mail and terms and services.

But if the distributor doesn't like that you use premade loops, even if they are reworked or manipulated into something original, you cannot do much about this. The only option is using another distributor.

Maybe they test your song against a song database and it comes up with similar sounding songs?

Yes thank you for agreeing with me. I do use another distributor, who I may need to use full time if OneRPM are starting to get funny about it all. Companies like this annoy me, think they are bigger than they actually are. Never mind, their loss, someone elses gain :)