PC freezes when it wants to automatically save the current file

Guy-VV wrote on 12/2/2020, 11:54 AM

Sometimes (not always) when the program tries to automatically save the current file, the computers stops responding. Eventually it will save the file after a few minutes, but most of the time Music Maker just freezes, so all I can do is ctrl-alt-del and stop the program myself.

What can be the problem? I'm running MM 64-bit version 29.0.4.25 on Windows 10.

Comments

Wistmans-Wood wrote on 3/9/2021, 1:43 PM

Did you find a solution to this problem? It's driving me mad as it can take 30 minutes to auto save.

SP. wrote on 3/9/2021, 2:18 PM

@Wistmans-Wood Maybe Windows Defender could cause this? What happens if you disable it temporarily?

Guy-VV wrote on 3/10/2021, 5:38 AM

I didn't find a solution yet. I have a slightly different PC configuration at the moment (new SSD - system drive), but the problem remains. I think I will no longer use the automatic save-option... not a real solution, but it might help.

emmrecs wrote on 3/10/2021, 6:14 AM

@KAZu18

Your post here, which is almost a duplicate of your other post in the Update Notification thread has been hidden.

Again, it is a different issue to the one raised by the OP, Please do not hijack another user's thread by posting a different question but start a new thread.

@SP., with apologies, I have also hidden your reply since it is relevant only to the post from @KAZu18 and not to the topic of this thread.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam