Patch, Update not upgrade, bug fix? Anything?

Leonard-Turner wrote on 4/17/2023, 12:03 PM

Trying to get my fx plugins to work. I create my own patches and save them but I'm wondering if the bug id fixed yet? every time I change the FX chain by adding or deleting an effect it erases my settings that sometimes take hours of editing to find that exact sweetspot. this seems like a basic feature that is not functional. Please help all of us on this one! we paid money for the software. We upgraded. give us a fully functional program please. just fix it! WE LOVE ACID AND YOU ARE NOW THE CARETAKERS OF ONE OF THE BEST DAWs ever made (when sonic foundry was the parent). I feel like an orphaned child that got fostered into a home with parents that ignore the basics....like a toilet that flushes. stop selling us new toilets that still don't flush. Thank you. Own up to your products that you sell us and finish the project and make it functional. Peace.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/17/2023, 2:39 PM

@Leonard-Turner I believe this problem should have been fixed in the latest AP11 update. There will probably be no more update to fix this in AP10. Drag and drop plugins into the plugin chain as a workaround. This will retain your other plugin's settings.

No Magix support staff is active here. Create a support ticket by clicking on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product and then scroll down to the bottom of the next page and click on Contact Support if you want to talk to them.

Or use a plugin chain managers like Waves Studio Rack, PluginGure Unify, Plogue Bidule, New Sonic Arts Freestyle, DDMF Metaplugin or Blue Cat Audio Patchwork. Create your plugin chain inside them.

ACID is probably a zombie application at this time. I don't think there will be much more stability updates or bug fixes in the near future. It seems nobody buys it (because of the bugs) and therefore Magix will not develop bug fixes (because it isn't financially viable and Magix dropped the prices a lot over the last couple of years). It's like a vicious cycle.

Leonard-Turner wrote on 4/17/2023, 3:14 PM

Dude.... Im done with them. RIP ACID. 😣

james-h wrote on 4/19/2023, 7:24 AM

@Leonard-Turner I believe this problem should have been fixed in the latest AP11 update. There will probably be no more update to fix this in AP10. Drag and drop plugins into the plugin chain as a workaround. This will retain your other plugin's settings.

No Magix support staff is active here. Create a support ticket by clicking on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product and then scroll down to the bottom of the next page and click on Contact Support if you want to talk to them.

Or use a plugin chain managers like Waves Studio Rack, PluginGure Unify, Plogue Bidule, New Sonic Arts Freestyle, DDMF Metaplugin or Blue Cat Audio Patchwork. Create your plugin chain inside them.

ACID is probably a zombie application at this time. I don't think there will be much more stability updates or bug fixes in the near future. It seems nobody buys it (because of the bugs) and therefore Magix will not develop bug fixes (because it isn't financially viable and Magix dropped the prices a lot over the last couple of years). It's like a vicious cycle.

I did this in February, and they still haven't bothered replying.🤦‍♂️

james-h wrote on 6/29/2023, 7:20 AM

So, emailed them in February, then April, now 2 days ago, they replied saying that the ticket is now closed.

I think it's time to accept that it's over. I'm mainly using Reaper now which is a proper DAW, Magix will NEVER get another penny from me.

GRB wrote on 10/3/2023, 1:49 AM

Recent Acid Support was responding in 24 hours for over a week of back and forth communications, many responses. 4.5-5 star support imo too! If this was true in past, its definitely not an issue now in my experience. Actually, I've never had an issue for many years with Magix support and/or questions being responded to quickly.

On that note, I did just open a new ticket today with a few questions, and noticed that a confirmation email was quickly sent with some links of possible subject related answers... You "must" respond to these questions to complete the service ticket opening process...

I'm guessing that this is part of the problem people are running into with Magix support.. either not seeing those emails at all (spam, or lost in inbox), or simply not realizing that a "YES" or "NO" to the questions is required to finalize the ticket submission to add to cue for support response.

Hope this helps someone out in future as I was just lucky and didn't realize this until today. Maybe most of my tickets were not caught by algorithm to send the questionnaire for whatever reason, but todays did! It was only after I answered "NO" to links not answering my questions....

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.