Only noise in the final Mix

Erling-Pedersen wrote on 4/21/2022, 11:38 PM

I don't know if this could be CPU related - but here it is:

1: I have assembled a song consisting of only 4 tracks
2: 3 of these tracks are using Instruments from the EW sound libraries. The last track is a Choir instrument (native Musicmaker)
3: When I edit the tracks- and listen to the complete song - all sounds very well.
4: Then I mix it dows to f.e. MP3 (could also be WAV)

The resulting outputfile only consists of what I would call White noise - no music at all.

Further info: I use my onboard soundcard as play device, and are recording through the Magix Low latency driver.

What the f''' is going on? Any ideas would be welcomed.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/22/2022, 2:57 AM

@Erling-Pedersen Does it help if you change the audio driver in the program settings of Music Maker to Direct Sound and export your song after doing this?

Erling-Pedersen wrote on 4/22/2022, 3:02 AM

I am afraid not - when Selecting Direct sound - I immediatley get a hell of a noise from the speakers.

SP. wrote on 4/22/2022, 3:09 AM

@Erling-Pedersen Have you tried the other driver options?

Erling-Pedersen wrote on 4/22/2022, 3:16 AM

Yes, with different (but not usable) results. I'll upload some screenshots when I get home from Work :-)

SP. wrote on 4/22/2022, 3:19 AM

@Erling-Pedersen Maybe another driver can help. For example, you can download and install the free FL Studio demo from here https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-download/ This will also install the FL Studio ASIO driver. This driver can then be selected in Music Maker as an ASIO driver. It is possible that it will work better on your computer.

Erling-Pedersen wrote on 4/22/2022, 3:21 AM

Thanks for that tip - definetely worth a try.

Erling-Pedersen wrote on 4/22/2022, 3:48 AM

Also I was thinking of downloading this driver: https://www.asio4all.org/
It's a universal driver it looks like - and does not need a Full FL download to install/work. But I have no experience with this driver.

SP. wrote on 4/22/2022, 4:51 AM

@Erling-Pedersen Magix Low Latency is an older version of ASIO4All, but rebranded. It could be that the newer version works better with your system. Also worth a try.

You can uninstall the FL Studio demo after its installation. The FL Studio ASIO driver has a separate uninstallation routine.

Erling-Pedersen wrote on 4/23/2022, 3:25 AM

Hi. a short status.

It turned out that his had nothing to do with neither MM or my Device drivers. I Simply overstressed the system with way to many instruments, voices and presets. The funny part is that playback still worked fine. It was only after rendering (to either MP3 or WAV) that the outputfile was "garbled" When I reduce the number of patches and instruments it works fine - So I guess I simply need a computer upgrade with a CPU that can handle my requirements :-)

By the way: First I tried a few new ASIO drivers - with no result.

SP. wrote on 4/23/2022, 3:38 AM

@Erling-Pedersen Good to hear you found a solution. For audio production it is recommended to use an USB audio interface with its own ASIO drivers. This device will do the audio processing instead of the processor. I think this would be a better investment than getting a new computer. I personally use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. A lot of people say that interfaces from RME have the best drivers but they are expensive.

Erling-Pedersen wrote on 4/23/2022, 4:11 AM

At some point I was Considering the SoundblasterX G6. Heard good things about it - but maybe mostly good for enhancing Playback? - Funny you mention The Scarlett 2i4. I think I have one laying around somewhere :-)

emmrecs wrote on 4/23/2022, 4:40 AM

@Erling-Pedersen

Soundblaster cards are, generally, not recommended for "serious" audio work! As you suggest, they are mostly good (not the description many would choose!!!) for enhancing playback (for serious audio work "enhancements" from the playback system are the last thing you want) .

Just my thoughts!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 4/23/2022, 7:21 AM

@Erling-Pedersen Here were sometimes users asking for help who encountered problems with Soundblasters. It is good for gaming but less good for sample accurate audio processing. There are many different brands of audio interfaces you can look into. Like I already suggested Focusrite or RME but also Steinberg, M-Audio, Roland etc.

Erling-Pedersen wrote on 4/23/2022, 8:34 AM

@Erling-Pedersen Here were sometimes users asking for help who encountered problems with Soundblasters. It is good for gaming but less good for sample accurate audio processing. There are many different brands of audio interfaces you can look into. Like I already suggested Focusrite or RME but also Steinberg, M-Audio, Roland etc.

I have allready skipped my thoughts on getting a Soundblaster. I will staty with some proper (pro) recording device. As I wrote, I think I still have A focusrite Scarlett lying around somewhere (forgot about it - hasn't been used for years)