Old MIDI map? one click

Will_Bcn wrote on 12/6/2023, 3:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I just reinstalled the latest Music Maker after some years and when I used it in 2020, when you were using the MIDI editor (in my case for the FREEDRUM VST), another white window were opening and we just had to click the cases/boxes once to add a note, now you can only draw them and it's not really accurate.

How is it possible to just get the previous view? or at least just click once to add your notes?

Thanks in advance

I've been trying for hours and can't find any info

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/6/2023, 3:40 PM

@Will_Bcn In the top left corner of the MIDI editor you can switch to the drum map mode, in case this is what you want.

Will_Bcn wrote on 12/6/2023, 4:09 PM

@Will_Bcn In the top left corner of the MIDI editor you can switch to the drum map mode, in case this is what you want.

Not really

Cause I can see the new map editor. But before it was easier to use in my opinion. You just add to click the cases once and the map was filled with your notes. Now you can only draw them and it's not really accurate. The background of the map was white and I'm looking for how to get this editor.

Thanks in advance

Will_Bcn wrote on 12/6/2023, 4:11 PM

I just want to be able to click and fill the all case and not draw them

Will_Bcn wrote on 12/7/2023, 5:39 AM

I downloaded an old version and you just click one case and the case is filled. How should I do to do that with the new version?

emmrecs wrote on 12/7/2023, 8:17 AM

@Will_Bcn

I suspect your use of the word "case" may have caused some confusion for English-speakers, sorry. I think you are referring to the spaces between the vertical grid lines. Is that correct?

If so, see this screenshot:

This is a very quickly-created MIDI Drum Map from MM 2024.

Clicking in the spaces in the grid immediately created the blue "notes", notice, they completely fill the spaces.

I have highlighted the Quantize grid on that image. If I turn that off (so it is no longer highlighted) and click in a space I see the green "notes" which no longer fill the spaces.

Does that solve the problem for you?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam