None of my Magix program will run.

CPHarrison wrote on 1/23/2022, 8:03 PM

I am currently running 4 Magix applications. SF ACL 2, MEP Premium, SF Audio studio 14, Music Maker. As of today, none of these apps will run. I click on the shortcut or the main application and I get the thinking circle for a moment and then nothing. It shows up in the task manager, but no, or little, activity. I waited for 15+ min and nothing. I was mostly trying to run ACL so I uninstalled it, went to the Magix website, and downloaded a new installer. I ran it and get the same result. The installer will not run now. Up until about a month ago, everything was working fine. There were no changes in my system and no new apps installed. I run with Norton 360 and Nord VPN. None of these things have interfered with running these apps in the past. I am using an HP Pavilion TP01-2xxx PC with an I7 chip, 16GM Memory. I am using Windows 10 Home - 20H2, with 11 waiting to download and install.

I am open to suggestions about what might have happened.

Thank you

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/24/2022, 3:36 AM

@CPHarrison

Now this is a problem I don't think we've ever seen before!

However, since none of your Magix apps will open and run, and given that you have uninstalled and reinstalled SFACL2 without effecting any change, I would strongly suspect there has been some change made to your computer that you are, perhaps, unaware of!

As a first step I would try completely disabling either your Norton or Nord installations, in turn, and trying to run any/all of the apps again. If this is successful, then you may need to investigate exactly what changes the security app in question has introduced; it may even be that it is a combination of the two that is blocking you!

Ultimately, if you are still unsuccessful you may need to create a Support Ticket and ask for Magix help with this. If you do you are highly likely to be asked to run the Magix SysCheck utility to enable support personnel to remotely diagnose exactly what is happening on your computer.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 1/24/2022, 10:00 AM

Now this is a problem I don't think we've ever seen before!

I do not recall any reports like this... with multiple SCS apps either.

I would suspect Norton's or Nord are blocking Magix apps as well.

CPHarrison wrote on 1/24/2022, 2:53 PM

Thank you for your suggestions. This morning I disabled both Nord and Norton and downloaded a new install app. Still the same problem. I then reactivated Norton and ran a complete system scan. It took several hours to complete and found 1 heuristic virus and cleaned it and I then disabled Norton again. I then downloaded another new installer and same issues. I have not uninstalled any other Magix apps and still, nothing will run.

I last ran ACL about a month ago with no problems. Had some free time so I thought I would work with it a little last night. I am not sure what happened, but as near as I can tell it is only Magix apps that are having a problem.

I will attempt to file a problem report with Magix and see if they can figure it out.

Thanks for the assist

rraud wrote on 1/24/2022, 3:03 PM

If you need help requesting a Magix Sound Forge Tech Support ticket (it is confusing), pursue this comment: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-record--1272206/#ca1661047