Comments

SP. wrote on 7/19/2021, 2:51 PM

@Andrew-Allen Try the different audio drivers in the program settings. Direct Sound should work fine if you just use loops. If you want to use MIDI or record your own sounds you need an ASIO driver for monitoring. Magix Low Latency is an ASIO driver that comes with Music Maker. You need click on the "Advanced..." button and cofigure the ASIO driver. You need to activate all inputs and outputs (for example USB-microphones and -headphones) you want to use inside the driver settings. Here I have an example screenshot.

_KI_ wrote on 7/21/2021, 10:36 AM

I think I've also encountered this with MM 2022 few times now, I recall that opening settings dialog, and closing it with "OK", aka. saving settings "fixed" issue temporarily, until it then occurs again when next time relaunching MM (not sure if this is related to fact if some other program was using audio device or not when MM is being started).

Right now as a "workaround" I put "Direct audio" as sound output (also to fix annoying fact that when MM uses ASIO driver, it blocks everything else to sound device, and I haven't seen in MM way to "release" ASIO", thus in this machine config, for example, youtube videos refuse to play and such, strangely enough not recalling that to happen with MM 2021, but my memory might be playing tricks).

emmrecs wrote on 7/21/2021, 10:41 AM

@_KI_

One of the "limitations" of the ASIO driver model is that it requires exclusive access to your soundcard. You can at least partially "get around" by using the ASIO4All driver, which does allow for some level of multiple input sources to be used simultaneously.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

_KI_ wrote on 7/21/2021, 10:46 AM

I guess one alternative is to use different sound output devices for different purposes (perhaps pros do so..., but I'm just newbie). In my other rig, I've separate focusrite box, thus I could select different output device, but in this machine right now I don't have such.