No moving cursor, no time-at-cursor-position...

Jeff-Ilgenfritz wrote on 1/28/2021, 8:50 PM

I've been using ACID since 1997, and I recently updated to ACID Pro 10.0.

I must be missing something here, because the cursor only moves after the first playback.

After that... there is no cursor.

As you can imagine, this then makes it impossible to see where in the song "physically" I am in the mix as I have no reference to the tracks...

On top of THAT, the "time at cursor" doesn't update either.

What is happening? I literally upgraded just a few days ago and this is the worse "upgrade" I have ever seen in my entire life.

-Jeff

Comments

Former user wrote on 1/28/2021, 9:13 PM

Jeff, try uninstalling and re-installing. Make sure you do a complete un-install. If you are comfortable, remove anything from Magix/Sony from registry as well. Then do a clean re-install. What are your PC specs?

Jeff-Ilgenfritz wrote on 1/29/2021, 7:05 AM

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and the exact same thing is happening.

Former user wrote on 1/29/2021, 5:36 PM

Jeff, I am sorry it didn't work but what are your PC specs? Please note that Acid's GUI does have problems and per Magix, the bugs are being worked on at the moment.

Jeff-Ilgenfritz wrote on 1/29/2021, 7:23 PM

It is what it is, just trying to get it worked out, BUT I appreciate you assisting me. So thank you! It only does it for track heavy projects. But there is still a lag before the cursor shows up on light to medium projects. PC is x64, has 12GB RAM, Windows 10, built custom. Let me know if you need any other information.

Former user wrote on 1/29/2021, 10:32 PM

Hey Jeff, you mentioned that it happens with track heavy projects. In my case, the GUI starts to lag and jitter when there are a lot of tracks and when I zoom in for surgical editing (creating chops). I am on x64 with 32gb ram but Acid used to be something that would run fine on 4gb ram. So I really think its just the acid's GUI thats the problem and unfortunately, we just have to wait for the next update. According to Magix reply, the bugs are still being worked on and there is a major update on the way.

jonathan-b3693JSB wrote on 1/30/2021, 4:53 PM

Hey, I'm having the same problem only working with 3 tracks so no heavy volume of data being crunched. There's no cursor moving across my screen and no overt way to turn it back on. I literally have done nothing to my PC in the last few weeks (including loading ACID) and now I get this error.

Former user wrote on 1/30/2021, 5:16 PM

Hey Jonathan, are you using any Magix plugins? Try making a project without any Magix plugins, midi and side chaining. But seems like many out there are having this problem. i would contact Magix support and ask for the previous stable version. Apparently the recent update which was sent out is more unstable.