No Automation Available. Incorrect install or activation maybe?

keith-clatworthy wrote on 12/28/2017, 10:32 AM

I've purchased Music Maker Premium 2018, but when looking for automation I don't have the icon in the top bar and CTRL-4 doesn't work. This leads me to believe I may not have either installed of activated the program correctly.

I am not convinced that my copy is activated as Premium. When I go to 'Help About' it tells me I am running Music Make Version 25.1.2.78 (Premium not mentioned)

I initially installed from the supplied CDRom but when that didn't seen to work I reinstalled by doing a download from the store, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

When I go to the store it shows that I have a registered copy of Premium 2018 but does not show it as being installed in either of the two slots. When I go to the activation screen within the program it shows my serial number displayed in the 'Activation of Older Programs' box.

Should Help About be showing Premium Edition?

I have to say I'm totally confused at this point!

Comments

Larry98 wrote on 12/28/2017, 10:35 AM

All versions are now the exact same programm. The only differences is the coupons you got after you activated can be used to expand the functions, presets, soundpools or instruments.

So go in the store choose the things you want. Hit purchase and than check if the coupon is applied.

keith-clatworthy wrote on 12/28/2017, 10:38 AM

Ah, great, thank you. Do I have to add a feature to be able to use automation from the store then? If so, do you know which one?

keith-clatworthy wrote on 12/28/2017, 10:40 AM

I may have answered my own question, I think it may be the 'Creative Suite'

Larry98 wrote on 12/28/2017, 10:42 AM

Can you explain this to me a little bit more?

Edit. Yes you have to activate ethe creative suite for the object & track automation. Normally it cost 9,99€ but since you have the plus or premium version you can using the included coupons to activate it.

Last changed by Larry98 on 12/28/2017, 10:44 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.

keith-clatworthy wrote on 12/28/2017, 10:43 AM

I've added 'Creative Suite' from the store and it has given me the automation features I was looking for. Thank you for your help.