No audio or flickering audio using Music Maker

Azael wrote on 6/12/2023, 12:40 AM

Hi,

So I've purchased Music Maker during the Humble Bundle and immediately loved the software, but I haven't used it in a while and by installing the last update, I'm left with many unsolved audio issues...

So I've browsed through the support here and on the internet to find answers but my problem is still unsolved.

Basically I started by having no audio at all from the software, as well as no input from my keyboard. I managed to solve the input issue, and by using ASIO4ALL I now have audio for the sound loops and for audio playback, but when I try to play using the built-in keyboard or my own keyboard, the audio cuts every half second. I tried using the built-in ASIO but no audio was coming out of it...

I have an MSI laptop (GF65).

Hopefully my problems can be solved... Thank you.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/12/2023, 2:35 AM

@Azael You need to configure the ASIO driver by clicking on the Advanced button next to the driver selection. What inputs and outputs are selected? What buffer size is selected?

Can you upload screenshots of the settings? You can use the blue arrow icon above the response text box to upload images to this forum.

Azael wrote on 6/12/2023, 2:51 AM

@Azael You need to configure the ASIO driver by clicking on the Advanced button next to the driver selection. What inputs and outputs are selected? What buffer size is selected?

Can you upload screenshots of the settings? You can use the blue arrow icon above the response text box to upload images to this forum.

Here are my settings, for some reason now keyboard input doesn't work AGAIN.

SP. wrote on 6/12/2023, 6:20 AM

@Azael I'm not sure if it is a good idea to use the Elo 7.1 Air. Is this the gaming headset I can find on Google?

Try the following inside the ASIO4ALL driver settings: increase the buffer size to 1024 or 2048, also try to disable Hardware buffer and maybe the Always Resample option. Restart Music Maker or your computer (select the Restart option and not the Shut down option) and try again. Then try again and test how your headset performs.

If this doesn't work switch from Elo 7.1 Air to Realtek Audio.

Azael wrote on 6/12/2023, 6:30 AM

Well, I had to use my speakers for it to finally work, it's still flickering in my headset but everything seems to work without, guess I will have to buy a non-bluetooth headset

johnebaker wrote on 6/12/2023, 10:19 AM

@Azael

Hi

. . . . I will have to buy a non-bluetooth headset . . . .

Not necessarily unless there is an issue with the headset drivers compatibility for the Windows version in use..

I use Music Maker with a Bluetooth headset - different make and it works fine - however you do need to ensure that in Windows Sound settings the Realtek Speakers are the default audio output device and that there are no Audio Enhancements turned on.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.