Comments

Former user wrote on 3/15/2021, 2:48 PM

Clackey, I doubt there will be a new update any time soon. My last conversation with Magix, it will take them some time to iron out the bugs. I never wanted another upgarde, just bugs to be fixed so thats what the power users have been asking for. I requested a beta version of any new updates so I can use the hell out of the DAW and find out if the major bugs are first fixed.

clackey wrote on 3/15/2021, 3:29 PM

makes sense..

sheppo wrote on 3/16/2021, 4:43 AM

not sure whether this is relevant, there's been no sign of betas on the beta forum as yet

clackey wrote on 3/16/2021, 11:32 AM

do you think magix could be adandoning acid pro?

sheppo wrote on 3/16/2021, 2:08 PM

@Former user - the thread is about AP11, so I was talking about AP11. beta updates for AP10 have been posted for public consumption here, so.....

I don't think Magix have abandoned Acid, but I think that's probably because I'm bias and want to see it supported and improved in future. I don't have any information either way. I'm just a dude that bought acid and was asked to help moderate the forum :)

Former user wrote on 3/16/2021, 3:43 PM

Clackey & Shepp, I was lucky to have a conversation with Magix developers and he was extremely nice and was open to suggestions. He took notes down as to what are the major issues with Acid. That showed that Magix is not abandoning the DAW and that they will be working on it. I made recommandations in improvements instead of additions. He understood that it is stability that is the priority and not the new stuff. From our conversation, I understood that Acid is fairly new to them. One thing I appreciated that the employees are reading our posts from time to time. So, after a detailed discussion, I am now waiting as he offered to send me the next Beta to test and therefore, i am now waiting.

Former user wrote on 3/16/2021, 3:45 PM

do you think magix could be adandoning acid pro?

I can tell you that it is not being abandoned. 😀

sheppo wrote on 3/17/2021, 4:18 AM

For sure. I'd like to mirror that sentiment. From my conversations with devs I can say they are the nicest people, and really want the product to be successful. I always felt like newer versions always generate more money, especially if there's a great new tentpole feature, so they're torn between what the marketing and finance guys want, and what they as developers want. No developer wants to put out a product with bugs or stability issues.

I know everyone's mileage varies, but for me AP10 is pretty damn stable now I've split VSTs in to separate buses. It can go entire sessions without a single hitch, which is miles ahead of where it used to be, but there's still definite bugs that need addressing, and I'm always finding new ones... still.

Anyway, great to hear you've had a recent productive dialog with the devs and have confirmed the product is not dead! :)