Newbie question about versions

Thisnameisnotavailable wrote on 5/10/2022, 11:16 PM

I got music maker EDM version from humble. first I had freeze with latest update on windows 11. I uninstalled it and found a link to earlier version I installed . then managed to register the EDM.

Is EDM just like the free version just with 3 credits for sound pools?

I'm not music creator or studio. just want to make simple music mixes for indie games. I noticed mp3 export not allowed. it says premium function.

what's the best approach in your opinion? should I just buy mp3 export or is plus or premium better? what's your recommendation for soundpools or vst . talk to me like I was 5 as I'm very noob in music. but I have used free software before to make lame game music.

Are the produced sounds and mixes licensed to be used in commercial products if I buy just mp3 export?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks and sorry for all the nooby questions.

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/11/2022, 1:30 AM

Is EDM just like the free version just with 3 credits for sound pools?

what's the best approach in your opinion?

Are the produced sounds and mixes licensed to be used in commercial products if I buy just mp3 export?

Yes the EDM edition is just the free version with a few credits for soundpools and I think an instrument or two. In fact all versions are the free version to which you add the additional content included with the edition.

The best approach is to buy the most comprehensive edition at the cheapest price.

If you use loops from soundpools these are not to be used in commercial products. To do this you have to buy the commercial licence for the soundpool from Producer Planet.

SP. wrote on 5/11/2022, 1:54 AM

@Thisnameisnotavailable Be careful with using Soundpools for making music for your own games. While it is being totally okay, if you get the commercial licenses, there are people out there who registered their music they created with Soundpools in content ID systems and are now blocking others from distributing their own. The Soundpool loops are non-exclusive, so this shouldn't be possible, but sadly, this doesn't bother the automated content ID bots. This could possibly lead to blocked videos or banned streams if people play your games on streaming platforms.