New Sound Forge 14 audio software is not fully functional

Jean-Hebert wrote on 12/12/2020, 9:48 AM

I've just installed the basic Sound Forge 14 (on Windows 10). For some reason, several features are "greyed out", not available. A very important one to me now "Burn a Disk-at-once audio CD" (all tracks recognized on the CD) There may be a link with a message repeatedly received from the software: "You are currently logged on to this computer without system administrator privileges. Some features of this program may not be available to you." I am administrator of my computer, and I've tried without success to log onto Sound Forge as administrator. Now what ? Thanks in advance!

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/12/2020, 11:09 AM

There caould be something in your authoring that is not 'Red Book' compliant (track pause length, metadata, ect). That would disable the DAO option.

Sorry, I am not familiar with AS (Audio Studio) and in the rare instance a client requests a CD, I use SF Pro's legacy CD Architect..

johnebaker wrote on 12/12/2020, 3:25 PM

@Jean-Hebert

Hi

. . . . I am administrator of my computer, and I've tried without success to log onto Sound Forge as administrator. . . . .

If you have a standard Administrator account then you have a restricted Administrator account.

Right click the program shortcut and select Run as Administrator (it may be under the More option of the popup) to run the program in full Administrator mode.

If this works you can make the program permanently start in this mode though you may get asked every time you start it if you want to proceed.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Jean-Hebert wrote on 12/13/2020, 8:45 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that repeatedly, and nothing different happens. I may try to reinstall, but I have to finish what I'm doing now before risking losing everything. At this point, I consider the thing too finicky to trust... (not to mention that my memory of exactly how it wored before is not perfect...)