New License Purchase For Sound Forge Pro 17

Jamil-Taylor wrote on 1/15/2024, 8:00 AM

I just purchased a new license for version 17 as opposed to an upgrade. I downloaded all content for two different MAGIX software license purchases. In total I have 9.8GB of software installation content.

Will I be able to download all of this again if need be? If Windows 11 dies one day requiring a reinstall, will I be able to login to my MAGIX account to re-download the software I am licensed to use?

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/15/2024, 8:27 AM

@Jamil-Taylor You can find all downloaded installers in the directory C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\Documents\Magix Downloads\Installationsmanager

And yes, you can simply redownload everything if you want.

emmrecs wrote on 1/15/2024, 8:28 AM

@Jamil-Taylor

Simple answer: Yes! (I assume you have registered and activated both licences so the details are stored in your Magix account.)

Just out of interest: why did you purchase a second licence? Assuming you are not using the 365 version, each single licence includes the possibility of having the software simultaneously installed and activated on two computers? Or are you running it on more than 2 computers?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Jamil-Taylor wrote on 1/15/2024, 8:33 AM

I purchased a second license, because MAGIX for unknown reasons has an identical price for an upgrade versus a new license. If there is no price difference, buying a new license makes more sense. I can then install additional copy on an additional machine. There was some odd sale going on with goofy pricing.

Jamil-Taylor wrote on 1/15/2024, 8:34 AM

@Jamil-Taylor You can find all downloaded installers in the directory C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\Documents\Magix Downloads\Installationsmanager

And yes, you can simply redownload everything if you want.

Thanks. I found all of this that totals 9.8GB. I was wondering if I needed to save this huge download, but it seems I do not with it being re-downloadable.

rraud wrote on 1/15/2024, 9:16 AM

Hi @Jamil-Taylor, when Sound Forge is installed, the installer files are 'unpacked' from the 'Installation Manager' and placed in C:\Users--USER NAME--\Documents\MAGIX downloads". The actual installation starts automatically as the files are being downloaded and unpacked .. if they are not unpacked already. After installation is completed successfully, you can delete the unpacked installer files, leave them where they are, or cut/copy>paste them to another location for a future reinstall if needed. You can also re-download the 'Installation Manager' SF from the 'Magix Service Center> My Products', which will start process again for subsequent build update. Updates can also be done within SF via the notification or checking for updates in the 'Help' menu

Jamil-Taylor wrote on 1/15/2024, 10:00 AM

Hi @Jamil-Taylor, when Sound Forge is installed, the installer files are 'unpacked' from the 'Installation Manager' and placed in C:\Users--USER NAME--\Documents\MAGIX downloads". The actual installation starts automatically as the files are being downloaded and unpacked .. if they are not unpacked already. After installation is completed successfully, you can delete the unpacked installer files, leave them where they are, or cut/copy>paste them to another location for a future reinstall if needed. You can also re-download the 'Installation Manager' SF from the 'Magix Service Center> My Products', which will start process again for subsequent build update. Updates can also be done within SF via the notification or checking for updates in the 'Help' menu

You may not have understood the original post.

My question is for everything now located under C:\Users--USER NAME--\Documents\MAGIX downloads am I able to re-download this at a later date?

emmrecs wrote on 1/15/2024, 1:18 PM

@Charles-Manley

Your post to this thread has been hidden since it is asking a completely different question to the one the OP asked. Please do not hijack another user's thread in this way, thank you.

Instead, please start a new thread with your question, giving as much detail as you can about your computer, the audio files you are using and especially the precise version and edition of Sound Forge which you have.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam