Comments

djdrdru wrote on 6/15/2018, 2:57 AM

Sorry about the loss of your father. Before making any edits, be sure to save a backup of his original files!

The files ending with MMM are Magix Music Maker project files. These files instruct the computer on how the sounds should be arranged, but they don't actually contain any audio information! The easiest way to restore these songs would be to boot up his old computer, but I understand that may not be possible.

Some customized audio recordings may be found in the same directory as the MMM files, but the majority of audio clips will be located in a folder called SOUNDPOOL... look for WAV and OGG audio files. You might also find audio files in MXCOGG format, which may be problematic due to DRM issues.

If the project includes MIDI tracks, I'd consider reassigning these tracks to the Vita2 instrument included with the free version of Music Maker. You can also activate/purchase additional instruments to hear them as intended.

Last changed by djdrdru on 6/15/2018, 3:00 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Intel Core i5-2520M, Intel HD Graphics, Realtek HD Audio, RAM 4GB, 120GB SSD, 64GB SDXC
Windows7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) 64-bit
Music Maker Version 25.1.2.78