Need serial numbers to begin re-installation of two SF XFX disks

Don-in-the-Rockies wrote on 10/24/2023, 9:19 AM

Hello again, guys... Just inserted the first XFX (v, 1.0b) CD-ROM on the ol' XP rebuild but can't begin the installation without the serial number. Can you send it/them to me? My only proof of ownership (that I'm aware of) is the disks themselves. They're attached.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/24/2023, 11:04 AM

@Don-in-the-Rockies

You were advised in your other thread that these are user to user forums, so I am not at all sure who here you think can send you that serial number??

Given the age of the program and discs it is highly unlikely that even Customer Service can supply this information for you but you could try emailing infoservice@magix.net to ask.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Don-in-the-Rockies wrote on 10/24/2023, 1:13 PM

Thanks. I posted here because I didn't know where else to go...

rraud wrote on 10/24/2023, 1:28 PM

I think the XFX plug-ins (EQs and Dynamics) installed right along with SF-5, I do not recall having to install those DX plugs separately.. but... it was a long, long time ago that SF-5 was published..even before Sony's acquisition.
I think you should consider upgrading to a more current version of SF. Both SF Audio Studio and SF Pro still include the above plug-ins. SF Pro includes the NR-2 Noise Reduction Pack, iZ's RX Elements, as well as Ozone Elements.. SF Audio Studio includes noise reduction/restoration plug-ins that are decent and Ozone Elements that has paragraphic EQ, comp/limiter and a stereo Imager.

Don-in-the-Rockies wrote on 10/24/2023, 2:14 PM

Thanks so much for your help, rraud... I do appreciate it.

I just looked, and there are only two DirectX plug-ins that came with SF-5. They aren't related to the ones on the XFX disks.

Would either of the more current versions of SF run under WIN XP? Wouldn't they require purchasing a new machine, OS, cards, software, etc? This is the main reason I'm trying to resurrect a "mostly dead" machine-- the huge expense of the alternative... and the fact that the old one was stable and sounded good. (I happen to like the sound of 16-bit audio...)

Can you point me to Miracle Max's place?

SP. wrote on 10/24/2023, 5:54 PM

@Don-in-the-Rockies I sent you a private message.

Don-in-the-Rockies wrote on 10/24/2023, 6:39 PM

Got it. Downloading now...

rraud wrote on 10/25/2023, 11:43 AM

In my experiments, the latest version of Sound Forge Pro that would install on Win XP (and Vista) was SFP-11, build 272 . All subsequent builds of 11 and 32 bit Magix versions of SF (12>16) would not install.

Don-in-the-Rockies wrote on 10/25/2023, 12:23 PM

@rraud Thank you, sir. Will keep these parameters in mind.

Don-in-the-Rockies wrote on 10/25/2023, 7:45 PM

@sp. How do I get stuff out of an iso file?

SP. wrote on 10/26/2023, 4:41 AM

@Don-in-the-Rockies ISO files will automatically mount on modern Windows systems as a disc drive by double clicking them. Then it will work like a CD or DVD. You can also open them with tools like 7zip or WinRAR.

Alternatively you can burn a CD from an ISO file with a CD burner software.

emmrecs wrote on 10/26/2023, 5:25 AM

@SP.

Since @Don-in-the-Rockies is clearly running rather old versions of Windows I'm not sure that he can mount an .iso file as a disc drive and then run it?

However, I do agree that using 7Zip, WinRAR or maybe even Winzip will enable the extraction of the files from the .iso image.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Don-in-the-Rockies wrote on 10/26/2023, 8:26 AM

@emmrecs and @sp. Thanks, guys. Didn't know .iso files were compressed. 7zip worked on it just fine.