need crazy amount of help

jeremy-smith wrote on 9/2/2017, 5:41 PM

So I was working with Samplitude Music Studio 2014. Awesome DAW. No longer have it so when i went to buy it last week, i saw they only had 2017 version which doesn't run on Win XP. I called customer support and was told that I had to get the new version because the old version was no longer available. So.... I went and bought Windows 10 and the newer version of samplitude. Installed both and I must say that not pleased with either. Mainly because recording audio the way i was doing on an outdated DAW seems to be virtually impossible. When i select the drivers and choose anything other than WDM or MME, i'm told that my soundcard (Creative Labs Platinum Pro Z) is synced to an external clock. With the two drivers that allows me to record, i experience lags and static throughout, along with the recording being low. I checked all the common sense things to check and i have not found a solution to being able to record my audio. No instruments, videos...just audio. Please help me with any advice if you can.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/3/2017, 7:38 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

Creative Labs have an unfortunate reputation amongst the professional audio community for releasing somewhat buggy versions of their drivers. If one is available from Creative Labs for your card you really need the ASIO driver; this totally bypasses all the bottlenecks that Windows Audio creates, which lead to the lags that you're experiencing.

If there is not a dedicated ASIO driver (or even if there is) I would strongly recommend downloading and installing the free Asio4All. Set it as the audio driver within Samplitude; please post back and let us know how you get on.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 9/3/2017, 7:39 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam