My Recently Purchased Music Maker Premium Freezes On Start Up.

JuddP wrote on 1/8/2022, 5:07 PM

I can't even log in.

My Device.

Device name    DESKTOP-3GSMI9Q
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz   2.40 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

My Windows 10 Version is "Version 21H1(OS Build 19043.1415"

It freezes on startup. I have uninstalled and re-installed. I noticed you use QT5. I had other versions of QT on my desktop. I removed them. Re-installed Music Maker. It still freezes. It's an initialization problem for sure. It probably has to do with my environment for sure. BUT. ALL MY OTHER SOFTWARE WORKS. Being a software engineer for over 20 years. I have seen these problems time and time again. I have been burned by QT deployment on Windows Before. Linux worked Windows didn't. It was QT 5 surprisingly. It was QML as well. It worked on my machine. NOT MY BOSSES. LOL. He was not delighted but we went with Linux for the demo and it all worked out okay. If you have access to QT support you might be able to work it out. Feel free to have an engineer reach out to me. I have been a software engineer for over 20 years. I can speak the lingo. But they know their software I don't. BUT I WOULD KNOW WHERE THEY WERE COMING FROM. They can even login to my box via support software to understand my point of view.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/8/2022, 6:33 PM

@JuddP

It worked on my machine. NOT MY BOSSES. LOL

This is why you ship the the program including the developer machine in a Docker container. ;-)

Are you using multiple monitors? Maybe this causes the error?

By the way, this is just a user forum, you need to contact technical support like this: https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/how-do-i-contact-technical-support--1513/

You can reset the program settings by deleting the MusicMaker.ini file in the folder C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm30 Maybe this will help.

johnebaker wrote on 1/9/2022, 10:26 AM

@JuddP

Hi

. . . . I can't even log in. . . .

Did you check your Antivirus/firewall is letting the program communicate with the Internet?

Is there another GPU in the computer ? If so what is it?

is there any error message when the program freezes or in the Windows event logs.

. . . . I have uninstalled and re-installed. . . . .

This is pointless and often makes the situation worse unless you clean up the files left behind by the uninstaller.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.