MY OWN WEBSITE.

Former user wrote on 7/23/2013, 7:56 AM

MY OWN WEBSITE.

http://midi4free.zohosites.com/

at the moment im building  a site for magix users who use vst and midi files but i need some help.?

is there anyone on here who knows what there doing when it comes to building a site.?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING.!

any help would be cool.

IT IS ALREADY UP AND RUNNING BUT DOWNLOADS ARE NOT AVAILABLE YET.

i uploaded 85 thousand 600 hundred and 44 vsti plugins and midi samples yet i cant download them.?

i was trying to test the download speed and make sure the midi files are ok.

but i cant for the life of me figure out why there not downloading?

any help would be really cool.

thank you from alan.

it took me 7 DAYS to upload every vst i own and every midi file i own.

peace.!

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 7/23/2013, 10:13 AM

Hi Alan,

Congratulations on your new web site, it looks really good.  What application are you using to create your web site.  The reason I ask is I could send you a line of html code to allow files to be downloaded but if you are not writing in HTML, that would not be very helpful.  If you are using Xara Web Designer (the pc based version) or Webeasy professional, I could probably figure out how to do it in those programs and show you how to do it.  If you are using something else if it has a free trial, I could probably figure that out to.  

You could set up a ecommerce like "shopping cart" where people could click on the files they want, put it in their cart, then "check out" and download the files using a download routine to deliver the contents of the cart.  If that sounds like too much work (which it is) you could just insert a direct link to the file on your hosting account where someone could right click the link and so a "save as" to save it to their hard drive.

You could also put all the files up in a folder, and allow people to select the files they want and use FTP to download the files.  Doing this though would require that anyone who wants to do it this way would need a FTP client.  There are many free FTP clients out there but that may be too convoluted for people who want to get the file the fast and easy way.

Mostly it depends on your creation software, your hosting provider, and how much energy you want to spend to get it to happen.

Anyhow, these are just some of my ideas, hopefully other web designers out there will come up with some other ways to get this to work.

George

Former user wrote on 7/23/2013, 10:48 AM

hi george.

i have to UN PUBLISH my site to fix all htlm errors.?

i dont have a clue what this is but i have spoke to someone about this and there sending more info about this.

i do no want the "shopping cart"  as this as you pointed out is to much hassle.

i think i direct link maybe a better choice.

for now its a free trial and im not buying the domain as yet

i dont know if i have jumped in to deep with this george as i do not understand all the things i must do.

free4midi is free for all to download, there is no charge no matter what you download.

i think i might have to scrap the project for now.

i will buy a domain at a later time so for now i think i may just try and so what i can with it untill i need to publish it again.

the software im using is actually online.

its a drag and drop option.

this is all i have to go and this is why i need some help.

im just out of my depth but i do want to do this.

i may have to start all over again.

is this a good option to start again from scratch?

when i say start again from scratch i mean DELETE all ive done.?

as now the files i have uploaded cant be seen anywhere in my site.

i cant even see them now even during editing.

im just gutted its just not going to plan.

The idea was to make a site for free vst and midi files and share them to magix users.

that was what i had in mind.

of coarse people who dont use magix could also download the sythz and midi files.

i was trying to link this site to the website i made but its not working what so ever.

its very basic stuff.

delete all files and name and basically get rid off it all and start again.?

any suggestions.?

(im so sorry for putting you out)

alan

alan.

gandjcarr wrote on 7/23/2013, 11:21 AM

Alan,

No, you don't have to un publish your site, and I can't say that you have any html errors because I have not analyzed your site in any detail other than to look at it and know that I like the design and layout, and I think the concept you have here is an excellent one. 

Your concept is not all that complicated, and I would be happy to help design your site with you at no charge.  That part we can take off line.  I will send you a private message with my email address, and we can start working on it that way.  I do have one big video project on the go for a client, so I will not be able to dedicate all of my time to this, but there will certainly be enough time that I can work on it for a couple of hours each day.

Don't let the fact that you don't know how to accomplish your vision make you give up.  You have friends, and my little girl has a huge fan that will help you both achieve your goal.  (you know who I mean)

Let's see how we can take this to the next step together.  If what you want is too difficult, time consuming or will cost too much, I will tell you.  But, my help on this is free.  OK?

You are a very talented person, you know what you want, we just need to work through you helping me understand what you need in a way that I can work with you to get it done!!!!!

George

Former user wrote on 7/23/2013, 11:32 AM

i get stressed very easy george.

im not perfectly fit due a road accident and that plays havoc with my back.

its hard work but im not gonna give up.

i will check my inbox for your email.

alan.

coco is here aswell.