my music maker isn't picking up audio

Roshan-Shahid wrote on 2/22/2022, 6:05 PM

i recently made a song and was thinking of adding lyrics to it so i tried using the mic ( i have free version btw) but it doesn't pick up audio, i was using my new macbooks built in mic that works just fine, i made sure i was recording audio not midi and it showed

the recording track but no soundwaves or sound itself!😕 

Comments

Roshan-Shahid wrote on 2/22/2022, 6:06 PM

please help me lol i'll be back tomorrow to see if anyone found how to fix this

SP. wrote on 2/22/2022, 6:13 PM

@Roshan-Shahid You can use Music Maker on a new MacBook?

Try the following. Go into the program settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top left. Go to the Audio/MIDI tab.

Select ASIO Magix Low Latency as your ASIO driver. Click on the Advanced... button to open the driver settings. On the left side you will find output and input devices in a list. Click on the on/off icon before the entry to enable your microphone. Also enable your playback devices you want to use, for example USB headphones.

You can now close the settings windows.

Click on the gear icon next to the record button and check if the Monitoring feature is enabled to hear yourself singing. If you don't want that you can disable the Monitoring feature. Close the window.

To enable a track for recording your microphones sounds just click on the REC button in the track header until it reads AUDIO REC. Click on record and start playing.

If it is not working with the ASIO driver try another driver like Direct Sound.

Roshan-Shahid wrote on 2/22/2022, 6:22 PM

hi sp,

just to confirm i meant a HP pavilion laptop sorry, and yes thank you it worked when i tried direct sound !😀