My Batch Converter is broken!

ThomasH-RoachII wrote on 5/26/2021, 7:15 PM

I'm using SF15, build 57.

Whenever I try to open BC, I get the following message: "An error occurred during the current operation. Error 0x80131604 (message missing).

When I click on the "details" button, I get the following:

"System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BatchConverter.JobManager.RebuildContextMenu()
   at BatchConverter.BaseWindow..ctor(IScriptableApp app)
   at BatchConverter.ActionDesignerWindow..ctor(IScriptableApp app)
   at EntryPoint.FromSoundForge(IScriptableApp app)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at SoundForge.ScriptHost.ScriptManager.Run(Assembly asm, String className, String methodName)
   at SoundForge.ScriptHost.RunScript(String szFile, String szSourceText, EngineType eType, Boolean fCompileOnly, Boolean fDebug)
The Batch Converter assembly 'C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Pro 15.0\Forge.Batch.dll' does not exist or cannot be opened."

I know that the dll is there, but I have no idea what the other signifies or, most importantly, how to remedy this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/26/2021, 7:46 PM

@ThomasH-RoachII Does it help to run Sound Forge as administrator? Maybe it is caused by missing access privileges.

ThomasH-RoachII wrote on 5/27/2021, 7:41 AM

Nope - I always run as admin.

SP. wrote on 5/27/2021, 8:22 AM

@ThomasH-RoachII Maybe your firewall or Windows Defender blocks the DLL? What happens if you temporarily disable them?

ThomasH-RoachII wrote on 5/27/2021, 9:42 AM

No - I have SF 11 through 15; 15 is the only one I have problems with. I'd like to remove SF 15 from my computer but it doesn't get completely removed. When I reinstall it, my saved appearance is there. Is there a way to wipe it completely from my computer?

rraud wrote on 5/27/2021, 10:11 AM

I have not encountered error messages with the new BC. There were some issues with previous builds of SFP-15 but they have been fixed.

I use Revo Uninstall in the advanced scan mode. Geek Uninstall is similar to Revo. Both have free or pro versions.
However... there is shared data with multiple SF versions, so look over the scanned items carefully before deleting, otherwise some Fx, presets and such can be lost.

That said, multiple versions of Sound Forge can coexist on the same PC without problems.

BScott-Fischer wrote on 2/5/2022, 1:07 PM

rraud...Can W10 SF Pro 15 batch program (BC) combine mutiple sound files (parts) into one long complete file? I need to combine several saved file sections into one complete file of the parts. I know I can do this manually, however I have literally thousand of files that need combining, I've recorded the McGuffey Reader one line at a time and need to combine each line of a story in to the complete story. I tried to run the tutorial, but the link is not working. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Scott

BScott-Fischer wrote on 2/5/2022, 1:09 PM

The BC program tutorial on the Magix site is not the same as what I have on SF Pro 15. It looks totally different.

rraud wrote on 2/5/2022, 1:31 PM

combine multiple sound files (parts) into one long complete file?

hi @BScott-Fischer, I do not use the BC much and do not exactly know.. There may be a script though, or someone could write on.
There are other ways to combine files that are faster than opening each file and copy/paste. Try enabling the 'Merge' command in the 'Open' dialog window which will add selected files to the timeline sequentially.

BScott-Fischer wrote on 2/5/2022, 1:56 PM

Thanks I'll give it a shot!..

rraud wrote on 2/5/2022, 6:12 PM

@BScott-Fischer
"Try enabling the 'Merge' command in the 'Open' dialog window"

Correction.. I was mistaken, It is not merge.
Enable (check-mark) "Append to current data window"

Sorry for any confusion. Maybe I should not have stopped drinking after all.

albert-brown wrote on 2/5/2022, 9:42 PM

I'm running the old sonic foundry sound forgeXP. When I use the re-verb effect the program shuts down and any changes are not saved. Is there an update or anything I can do to prevent this? The old XP version has been rock solid for years but now this issue shows up. Thanks Jay

rraud wrote on 2/6/2022, 10:07 AM

@albert-brown, please start a new topic and state what version number and build of Sound Forge. Most versions have this info in the "Help menu; About Sound Forge"

BScott-Fischer wrote on 2/6/2022, 1:34 PM

rraud...That (append to current window) did the trick...I am so happy! You have saved me literally thousands of hours. If we ever meet, I'll buy you a beverage of your choice!

THANKS,

Scott

rraud wrote on 2/6/2022, 2:27 PM

A pleasure to help my fellow Sound Forge users @BScott-Fischer.