Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/17/2016, 6:57 AM

Which version of MEP? It is quite possible that you need to go on-line and activate the MPEG2 codec, OR, since you specify a .mov file, you may well be needing to install Quick Time (but not the browser add-ons, which are deemed to be a security risk).

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

alan-g wrote on 12/17/2016, 10:19 AM

I am using M agix edit pro 2016 premium version 15.0.0.77 I recently joined Videoblocks and Can't seem to use the .mov files... the mp4's are working fine, but not the .mov... you mentioned possiability of activating the MPEG2 codec or Install quick Time....I do not have quick Time installed. also I do not know how to activate the MPEG2 Codec online, I have been using this right out of the box for about 8 months ... any more of your input is helpful, thank you

emmrecs wrote on 12/17/2016, 10:36 AM

QuickTime can be downloaded from https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?locale=en_US Despite what that Apple page says it seems that a number of video editing programs still require it for playback of .mov files.

As to whether you need to download/activate/whatever a needed MPEG2 codec, I would have thought the Premium version of MEP 2016 ought to include it. Do you see any additional message, apart from that explaining the error, perhaps including a link to the MAGIX site?

A Google search on that error code leads to a number of pages/links connected with X-box errors, not really helpful, I think.

EDIT: if you download the utility GSpot Codec Information from http://gspot.headbands.com/ (you don't need to install it) and simply click on the downloaded file, choose the option System>List Codecs and filters, scroll down the list and see whether any MPG2 or MPEG2 filters are listed. I think you should have at least 2.

Last changed by emmrecs on 12/17/2016, 10:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

alan-g wrote on 12/17/2016, 11:03 AM

The file format of ...(the file path and name) cannot be read! Please make sure that the drive is not full or write-protected. if you do not have the authorization to write or read from this path, please contact the administrator....

under details MXMPEG2 ERROR 0110: no media decoder found

Also, I am not able to download quick time for what ever reason, the download goes to 98% then kicks out says unable to download exe file. I am running window 10 on that system I am updateing and restarting it now to see if there are still complications with that download of quicktime

alan-g wrote on 12/17/2016, 11:27 AM

O.K....I installed quicktime after rebooting and installing updates by using the link you provided...and it works!! Thanks so much for your help! Emmrecs, I appreciate your input!

alan-g wrote on 12/17/2016, 11:29 AM

O.K....I installed quicktime after rebooting and installing updates by using the link you provided...and it works!! Thanks so much for your help! Emmrecs, I appreciate your input!

They inportated although kinda glichey...not sure whats up now...

emmrecs wrote on 12/18/2016, 10:17 AM

They inportated although kinda glichey...not sure whats up now...

Glad you've been able to get some way towards solving your problem!

Can you give us more details about exactly what you mean by "glitchy"?

alan-g wrote on 12/18/2016, 10:57 AM

Yes... it acts like real extreem flickering...I couldn't tell what it is if I had not previewd it previous

emmrecs wrote on 12/18/2016, 1:47 PM

Any chance you could post a very short section of the .mov file anywhere for others of us to download and test?

I wonder whether the symptoms you describe could be caused by a difference in frame-rate between what MEP is expecting and what the actual video has been created in, or even whether your computer expects PAL format and the video is NTSC, or vice versa?

Yes, this is purely guess-work now!

alan-g wrote on 12/20/2016, 10:21 AM

I'm not sure where I can upload it to since I don't use cloud at all...Hmmm