Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/24/2021, 5:56 AM

@ROFERLI

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Your duplicate post has been closed. Please do not create duplicates.

You have posted to the Music Maker area of the forum but asked about MagiX PRO. Exactly which program are you enquiring about?

The frequencies you list are the pitches of single notes. What, exactly are you wanting to do?

Bienvenido a los foros de usuarios de Magix.

Se ha cerrado tu publicación duplicada. No cree duplicados.

Ha publicado en el área Music Maker del foro, pero ha preguntado acerca de MagiX PRO. ¿Exactamente sobre qué programa está preguntando?

Las frecuencias que enumera son los tonos de notas individuales. ¿Qué es exactamente lo que quieres hacer?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ROFERLI wrote on 3/26/2021, 4:22 AM

Hola Jeff,

Soy nuevo aqui y por eso me perdí un poquito.

Pido disculpas por haber duplicado mi publicación, pero habia preguntado en ingles y me aconsejaran que lo hiciera en español y por eso he creado un nuevo post en ingles. De hecho, ahora mismo no sé si deberia estar contestando en español o en ingles!

Y tambien disculpa, por haber postado en la sección equivocada del Foro! Si me guias a sección correcta te lo agradezco.

Acabo de comprar Magix PRO + Music Maker EDM Edition. Estoy estudiando el tema de los "sonidos binaurales" y sus efectos ennuestros estados y me gustaria conseguir crear algunos "tracks" para investigar sobre el tema de las frequencias 528 Hz, 396 Hz, 639 Hz, etc..

Conseguir crear canciones de media hora con estas frequencias para poder observar sus efectos es mi objetivo. Tambien me gustaria saber como cambiar a 423 Hertz pitch en lugar del standard 440 Hz concert pitch.

Me podrias guiar un poquito en mis pasos para lograr eso?

Muchas Gracias🙏

SP. wrote on 3/26/2021, 5:10 AM

@ROFERLI You probably asked in the Spanish language section of this forum, but here you can just write in English.

I'm not sure, what program you are calling Magix Pro. There is Magix Video Pro X, Magix Samplitude Pro X, Magix Vegas Pro, Magix Soundforge Pro, Magix Acid Pro...

You need a VST instrument that can do what you want. You can then use this instrument inside of Music Maker if you buy the VST instrument addon. For example, I found this kind of instrument that seems to do what you want in an easy way https://vst.saschart.com/binaural_monaural_waveform_goldensynth

But generally speaking you can use any synthesizer VST that can generate tones in the exact frequencies you want to use.

emmrecs wrote on 3/26/2021, 5:24 AM

@ROFERLI

Thank you for the additional information! What you write makes much more sense now.

I'm not sure you can do what you want in Music Maker! The difference in pitch between 432 and 440Hz is less than 1%. In MM, the only option you have, I think, is under Effects>Audio>Pitch & Tempo>Timestretch & Pitchshift (shortcut Shift+P) but its controls allow for pitch changes only in semitone steps, which is far too wide for what you are wanting to do. There is a pitch grid with a small circle that you can drag upwards or downwards in tenths of a semitone, but this still may not give you exactly 432Hz!

To be able to make this possible you will need to find out how to convert those different frequencies into actual pitch differences, expressed in tenths of a semitone! I'm sure there is a way to do this but it's not something I've ever needed to do, sorry.

This page, which I will freely confess I do not understand, claims to show you how to convert between frequency and pitch. it might be a good place to start!

By the way, writing in English in this forum is always a good idea! If you do write in Spanish, we have to use Google Translate, or similar, in order to work out what you are asking and the translation is not always idiomatically accurate!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 3/26/2021, 7:43 AM

@ROFERLI

Hi/Hola

Assuming you are wanting to work with pure sine waves of the frequencies you want to create music from then this may be possible in Music Maker using a work around - as far as I can see there is no way of generating the specific frequencies you require directly in Music Maker.

The work around would require an audio file for each frequency to be used - these could be generated using a sine wave generator such as this here or in an audio lab.

Once you have these files - they can be loaded into the Live Pads in Music Maker - 16 maximum and then played to create the music.

Suponiendo que desea trabajar con ondas sinusoidales puras de las frecuencias a partir de las que desea crear música, esto puede ser posible en Music Maker usando una solución alternativa; por lo que puedo ver, no hay forma de generar las frecuencias específicas que necesita directamente. en Music Maker.

La solución requeriría un archivo de audio para cada frecuencia que se utilizará; estos podrían generarse utilizando un generador de onda sinusoidal como este aquí o en un laboratorio de audio.

Una vez que tenga estos archivos, se pueden cargar en los Live Pads en Music Maker, 16 como máximo y luego reproducirlos para crear la música.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/26/2021, 7:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 3/26/2021, 7:48 AM

There must be better options to generate tones at specific frequencies. Such as an online tone generator.

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

Within a program like Music Maker a VST tone generator could be used.

https://socalabs.com/developer-tools/tonegenerator/

ROFERLI wrote on 3/26/2021, 7:57 AM

@ROFERLI You probably asked in the Spanish language section of this forum, but here you can just write in English.

I'm not sure, what program you are calling Magix Pro. There is Magix Video Pro X, Magix Samplitude Pro X, Magix Vegas Pro, Magix Soundforge Pro, Magix Acid Pro...

You need a VST instrument that can do what you want. You can then use this instrument inside of Music Maker if you buy the VST instrument addon. For example, I found this kind of instrument that seems to do what you want in an easy way https://vst.saschart.com/binaural_monaural_waveform_goldensynth

But generally speaking you can use any synthesizer VST that can generate tones in the exact frequencies you want to use.

Apologies SP, you are right!

I'm talking about my Music Maker Premium Edition (2021) + Music Maker EDM and 80s Edition that I've just bought.

You say "You can then use this instrument inside of Music Maker..."...do you  really mean "inside" (plugging it to Music Maker Edition) or record it, separately, in the Golden Waves Generator and once recorded I can add it to Music Maker Premium Edition to start creating the song?

Sorry for such a basic question!

I found somenthing that could help me to explain what I'd love to achieve:

I hope it helps to explain what I'd love to achieve.

Many Thanks

ROFERLI wrote on 3/26/2021, 8:15 AM

@ROFERLI

Thank you for the additional information! What you write makes much more sense now.

I'm not sure you can do what you want in Music Maker! The difference in pitch between 432 and 440Hz is less than 1%. In MM, the only option you have, I think, is under Effects>Audio>Pitch & Tempo>Timestretch & Pitchshift (shortcut Shift+P) but its controls allow for pitch changes only in semitone steps, which is far too wide for what you are wanting to do. There is a pitch grid with a small circle that you can drag upwards or downwards in tenths of a semitone, but this still may not give you exactly 432Hz!

To be able to make this possible you will need to find out how to convert those different frequencies into actual pitch differences, expressed in tenths of a semitone! I'm sure there is a way to do this but it's not something I've ever needed to do, sorry.

This page, which I will freely confess I do not understand, claims to show you how to convert between frequency and pitch. it might be a good place to start!

By the way, writing in English in this forum is always a good idea! If you do write in Spanish, we have to use Google Translate, or similar, in order to work out what you are asking and the translation is not always idiomatically accurate!

Jeff

Thank You!!!!

I understand that the 432 and 440Hz changes are going to be difficult right now. So I will be focusing on trying to solve the tone "thing".

SP. wrote on 3/26/2021, 8:52 AM

@ROFERLI

I understand that the 432 and 440Hz changes are going to be difficult right now. So I will be focusing on trying to solve the tone "thing".

The instrument has to be tuned to 432 Hz, not Music Maker. Music Maker just records audio.

You say "You can then use this instrument inside of Music Maker..."...do you  really mean "inside" (plugging it to Music Maker Edition) or record it, separately, in the Golden Waves Generator and once recorded I can add it to Music Maker Premium Edition to start creating the song?

Go to the website and download the free "goldenSynth Demo.zip"

Open Music Maker and check, if you have already installed the VST support.

Then create a folder called "C:\Program Files\VST Plugins", open the "goldenSynth Demo.zip" file and drag and drop or copy the "goldenSynth Demo_x64.dll" into this folder. Then go into Music Maker program settings and set "C:\Program Files\VST Plugins" as the VST-path.

Then click on ok and open the Instruments tab. You should now see the Golden Synth demo.

You can drag and drop this instrument into a track in Music Maker. Music Maker will create some demo music, but just delete it. You can then open the Golden Synth and need to click on "Try Demo"

Then you can play the instrument with the keyboard. You can change the settings in the graphical userinterface of Golden Synth.

The Golden Synth demo stops working after 60 seconds. You need to click on the piano-icon on the top left of the track header and then select "No VSTi" to unload Golden Synth. You can then reload it again from the Instruments Tab via drag and drop. If you like the instrument you can buy it from the developer.

ROFERLI wrote on 3/26/2021, 10:14 AM

AMAZING!!!! Many Thanks🙏🙏🙏