Music Studio 2016 doesn't see instruments from MMM Premium

Daniel_tricity wrote on 10/4/2017, 4:07 AM

Hi,

I've created a project in Music Maker Premium 2018 and tried to open it in Music Studio 2016. It complained that a number of instruments is missing.

How do I make sure instruments that are available in Music Maker are available in Music Studio as well?

Cheers,

Daniel

Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/9/2017, 1:26 PM

Hi,

Instruments purchased under MMM2018 do not work elsewhere, like in Music Studio, Samplitude Music Studio, Samplitude or previous versions of MMM. This has been a major complaint along with the problem of some instruments from previous versions of Magix audio projects do not show up in MMM2018 and cannot even be purchased from the Store or added to MMM. I suggest that you raise a ticket with Magix complaining. Previously, an installed instrument worked across all Magix audio products listed above.

Good luck,

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Daniel_tricity wrote on 10/11/2017, 9:54 AM

That's weird. I guess the instruments should be transferable between the programs just like vst instruments would be. That's the whole point of modularity. Ok I'll contact the support.

Thanks!

Daniel_tricity wrote on 10/19/2017, 8:19 AM

Support got back to me saying that MS2016 doesn't have built in store and instruments are not transferable.

jann wrote on 12/30/2017, 11:06 AM

I have same problem. Made some tracks in Music Maker, but instruments got changed to some standard midi when exporting to Music Studio. I also contacted Magix support, but haven't got answer yet.

And about Magix' so called customer "support": you often need to contact them several times to get in contact with a person that actually can help you. Most of inquiries goes to a some kind of call center, that aren't competent (nor interested!) to solve problems 😕

jann wrote on 1/2/2018, 11:24 AM

Got response from Magix customer 'support' - as usual, no help to get. Just a message saying: "We're sorry but the instrumtens from the Music Maker are not comatible with the Samplitude Music Studio." [sic]

That's odd, as Music Studio instruments are compatible with Music Maker, and those instruments are sold on the Magix website as "...for music production with Music Maker and Samplitude Music Studio."

browj2 wrote on 1/2/2018, 12:04 PM

Hi Jann,

I suggest that you reply back giving Magix screen shots of the places where Magix says that instruments obtained through Music Maker are compatible with Samplitude Music Studio, and include Soundpools. See this link to the Magix Magazine where it says that both instrument and Soundpools are compatible. Let me know if you see my comment. It is marked below it, "Your comment is awaiting moderation," so I don't know if anyone other than myself can see it. Here is what I posted in November:

"Concerning taking Soundpools and Vita instruments with you from Music Maker to Samplitude Music Studio or even Music Studio or Samplitude Pro X3, any Soundpools that were obtained through the in-program Store have the Magix proprietary mxcogg file format. These can only be used in the newer versions of Music Maker and do not work in any of the Samplitude line or video programs as of the end of November 2017. The previous file format, .ogg, did work.

As for instruments, any instruments purchased in-program through the Store of the current Music Maker cannot be used in any of the Samplitude line of products.

Furthermore, any instruments purchased previously from Magix.com site, not from within the new Music Maker, cannot be activated for use within Music Maker. This is a serious flaw.

I have raised more than one ticket on these issues. Since you are saying that both Soundpools and instruments can be carried on to Samplitude Music Studio, you are misinformed. I suggest that you take this up with the developers and have patches of all pertinent Magix programs issued to be able to use these Soundpools and instruments as soon as possible.

Thank you,"

Last changed by browj2 on 1/2/2018, 1:09 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

jann wrote on 1/2/2018, 1:05 PM

Hi browj2. Can't find the link or comment you mentioned. Anyway - i'll contact support again, as i'm not going to give up easily.

"VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS FOR MUSIC MAKER AND SAMPLITUDE MUSIC STUDIO FROM THE 2015 VERSION OR HIGHER."
http://www.magix.com/int/hidden-extras/additional-instruments/2015/

browj2 wrote on 1/2/2018, 1:10 PM

Sorry Jann, for some reason the link didn't take. I fixed it and here it is again:

http://magazine.magix.com/en/samplitude-music-studio-benefits/

The link that you provided is for buying instruments from Magix but not through MusicMaker. Those instruments used to work in all the audio programs, but now they don't work in the latest MusicMaker. I have two like that and they remain locked. So, instruments purchased from the in-app Store don't work outside the new MusicMaker, instruments purchased through Magix.com website work in the other audio products but there is still no way to activate them in the new MusicMaker.

Somehow, someone needs to get through to somebody higher than Magix Support to get some action. That this has not been resolved after several months is ridiculous, as is the answer that you received from Support.

Last changed by browj2 on 1/2/2018, 1:16 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

jann wrote on 1/2/2018, 2:04 PM

Thanks for link. That article seems a bit contradictory - it says first that you can take instruments and soundpools - and then it says you can't :-o Obviously that second part of the text was added later.

(older version of that article can be found in web archives: https://web.archive.org/web/20170224081845/http://magazine.magix.com/en/samplitude-music-studio-benefits/)

And yes, my link went to the Magix website. The point is that there isn't any reason why instruments shouldn't work in both software - other than Magix blocking it deliberately, as they want you to buy the same instrument twice.

I'm a long-term Music Maker and Music Studio user, so i know everything about challenges with virtual instruments. Every time when upgrading Music Maker = problems! But haven't experienced troubles using Music Makers instruments in Music Studio before now.

browj2 wrote on 1/2/2018, 2:46 PM

Hi Jann,

I didn't re-read the article to see if they had changed it since I posted my comment.

I have not had problems with instruments amongst the programs Music Maker, Music Studio, Samplitude Music Studio and Samplitude Pro X2 and X3 Suite until now, except for Century Keys which seemed to be installed differently and did not want to play nicely with the programs other than the version that it was installed with. The only other problem was that the instrument had to be installed with the program/version first, before removing the program/version and hoping that the instrument was not also removed. I have a table of all of the instruments and which versions came with which instrument, so I know where they all came from.

Both the use of the instruments and the Soundpools are now an annoyance thanks to this new version of Music Maker.

John CB

John C.B.

jann wrote on 1/4/2018, 1:48 PM

Problem solved - until now at least. I got new activation codes for instruments [from Music Maker] that didn't work in Music Studio. Although i'm of course happy that everything works now, i'm bit annoyed about that communication with Magix customer support is often very difficult, and very random - if you get any help or not depens on who sitts in support that day. Often you need to contact support several times, as in this case.

...However, the newest instrument - Sansula - seems not to be compatible with Music Studio?