Comments

monstertrouble wrote on 4/16/2018, 10:10 PM

I have this same exact issue. Using windows 10 and Music Maker 80's just shows the loader and then nothing happens.

I get the following errors in the log:

17.04.18 03:20:21 WARN MuMa.NameList NameListBase: Could not load C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\MAGIX\Music Maker\Features_mm25\FeatureVersions.xml
17.04.18 03:20:21 WARN MuMa.NameList NameListBase: Could not load C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Common\Database\InstrumentVersions.xml
17.04.18 03:20:21 FATAL MxQt.default ASSERT: "!isEmpty()" in file c:\Qt\Qt5.7.0\5.7\msvc2013_mx_57006\include\QtCore/qlist.h, line 341

johnebaker wrote on 4/17/2018, 4:03 AM

@monstertrouble

Assuming that you are not referring to the Installer not loading correctly and the program installation completed OK.

From the error log:

. . . . C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents . . . .

Do you log on to the computer with USERNAME as your logon name?

. . . . c:\Qt\Qt5.7.0\ . . . .

Did you change the default installation folder paths to install the program directly in the root of the C: drive ie set the folder path to c:\ ?

If so then the installation has been compromised - assuming you are on Windows 10 or 8, re-install the program following this tutorial and do not change the default installation folder paths.

A few tips on posting in the forum:-

Please read this topic and put the following information in your profile signature so we do not have to ask for it: 

• Computer specification - processor make/model, graphics card or chipset make/model, audio card or chipset make/model, RAM,  hard drive configuration and sizes?
  • Windows version and is it up to date?  Press and hold down the Windows key and the R key - in the dialog that opens type in winver and press enter.
  • Software full name and version number - as found under Help, About . . .

Also when posting please include the following where applicable:

• Audio and/or video file formats being imported
  • Export format and settings used
  • MediaInfo data on audio or video - see below

If you have issues with importing audio or video please use MediaInfo to analyse a problem clip and post the results from the Tree view in MediaInfo

Also add any other information you think may be relevant.

If you want to post examples of your work with a Magix program  there is a separate section of the forum - click the Media option at the top of the page.

The Community rules are to be found using the link at the bottom of the page.

John EB  

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

monstertrouble wrote on 4/17/2018, 9:25 PM

@johnebaker

I am referring to starting Music Maker after completing a successful installation.

I have run the installer with the default locations. The only default option I changed was the bundled PC checker software. The log snippet above is only altered to hide my computers username.

I followed the steps in your linked tutorial. sfc did not find any corrupted items after the first run, so I only ran it the one time.

Music Maker installs in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Music Maker\25

I found the following path in the install.cfg file:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\MAGIX\Music Maker\

This includes the Features_mm folder from the log above, however that folder is empty.

The folder C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Common\Database mentioned above has a single file in it. SoundPoolDB.dat

It does not include the missing InstrumentVersions.xml

In regards to you thinking I've installed directly to the C:\ directory. The error message that references that is a common one in the qt.io library. see this post where someone gets this same exact error message on a different project using qt.io

https://forum.qt.io/topic/74860/assert-isempty-in-file-c-qt-5-7-msvc2013-include-qtcore-qlist-h-when-execute-exe

I'm am lead to believe that I need one or both of those missing files in order to get past this error. Those files are NOT included anywhere in the install.

I would also like to clarify that I downloaded the install file from www.magix.com site when I registered the key from Humble Bundle.

On a side note, when I tried to submit a trouble ticket through the support portal, the app that gives your PC specs is totally borked also and doesn't work.

monstertrouble wrote on 4/18/2018, 9:24 AM

@johnebaker

there isn't a way I could get those two default xml files and see if adding them fixes my problem, is there?

johnebaker wrote on 4/18/2018, 10:48 AM

Hi

. . . . there isn't a way I could get those two default xml files . . . .

I do not think they would help - they only contain information about the instruments that are installed when you download and install them, and that varies from one user to another.

If you want to try creating them then without instruments entries the xml file for both just contains:-

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<instruments>
</instruments>

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.