Music Maker updated version repeatedly requests to re-enter s/number

John-Zemlic wrote on 4/3/2021, 9:56 PM

Currently using Music Maker premium with additional purchased soundpool and instrument items. Upon computer start up, the updated version wrongfully opens as a free software item ignoring previous recorded arrangement tracks and previously paid features. The software opening repeatedly requests to enter serial number on Music Maker computer software use start. The fault is repeating on every software use start. The fault occurs also while user is logged into the store.

There is a repeating request by way of an overlay window to purchase paid software version. There is a repeating Program Extension demand window by software to upgrade. Also, there is a separate window message to enter the serial number to commence use.

Upon opening, the opening track availability is only 8 tracks when there should be the premium version allowance. Purchased instruments signal an unusual lock symbol to go to store to use.

Previous use prior did not require to re-enter password or user name to use.

Seeking your remedy.

JMZ.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/4/2021, 3:12 AM

@John-Zemlic

Usually you should be able to stay logged in, even after closing. Maybe there is some cache problem that logs you out every time.

You can try to open the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the cache and can solve problems caused by a problematic cache.

johnebaker wrote on 4/4/2021, 4:26 AM

@John-Zemlic

Hi

. . . . The fault is repeating on every software use start.  . . . Upon opening, the opening track availability is only 8 tracks  . . .

See this comment.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.