Music Maker Sound Pools download but will not install

Bumbles wrote on 1/13/2018, 3:04 AM

I have Magix Music Maker 25.1.2.78 installed, registered and logged in.
I have downloaded 7 sets of my Soundpools, but am unable to download / install the final 4.

The last four that download but do not install are,

1. "Trap : Here we come"
  2. "Score : Stranger Synths"
  3. "Rock : Rock Station"
  4. "80s : Flashback"

They will download 100 percent but completely refuse to install. I have over 250GB free on that hard drive, so space is not an issue. I have exited the program and rebooted the computer, and tried re-downloading and re-installing the Soundpools.

It locks up at the same place every time. I even went so far as to uninstall the program and start the process from scratch. Same issue. They all installed fine on my main computer, but I was forced to re-install everything on a secondary computer after my monitor on the other system fried (a 65" screen).

I have tried downloading them one at a time, downloading all content, all options. Nothing works. They lock up. I left it running for 4 hours and they still didn't install, even though it said "installation in progress".

Any ideas? Getting a bit annoyed. Spent three and a half hours trying to install products that I own, but I can't get them installed.

PC Specs...
Windows 10 Pro (fully up to date)
CPU : AMD PHenom II X6 1075T , 6-core 3GHZ
RAM : 24GB Patriot Gaming ram
MB : MSI 870S-G46
GPU : EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970+ FTW 4GB
Monitor #1 : 24" Samsung SyncMaster @ 1920x1080P
Monitor #2 : 19" Hanns-G @ 1440x900
Boot Drive : 55GB OCZ-Agility3 SSD
Storage Drive #1 : 55GB OCZ-Agility 3 SSD
Storage Drive #2 : 1TB Western Digital Black

Comments

Ger-Wilson wrote on 9/11/2018, 4:34 PM

I had the same issues with a few of my soundpools and had nearly given up hope. I eventually got it working and i'm not 100% sure if it was a pure accident but i will tell you exactly what i did:

First i went to the folder that i notice the files were being downloaded to which in my case was Main drive : Documents/Magix Projects/Music Maker/ShopManager_mm25/downloads and then all downloaded files that were not installing properly and deleted.

Afterwards I also right clicked on the Music Maker icon, changed the properties to allow it to run as administrator [worth a try 😊 ]

I also had my Ethernet cable plugged in when installing to make sure it wasn't an issue with my internet data as i had used wireless before for some soundpools and it wasn't a problem then, but i wanted to rule out any possibilities.

hopefully this might work for you. We can only hope!

Former user wrote on 9/11/2018, 4:42 PM

I have this same problem with the Reggae soundpool, a half dozen times over. All others have installed fine; never have made it with this one. Will look into the advice given, thanks much. CEC