Music Maker Premium 2022 locks up on initial start-up

David-Gray wrote on 6/20/2022, 5:24 PM

I bought Music Maker Premium 2022 from Magix online shop. I am running Windows 11 Pro on ASROCK Z570, 2TB M2 SSD Boot Drive. MB, 64MB RAM and 2 other large SSD Drives. Download link installs Free Edition and AMD 5950x CPU.

Insatll of download link gives Free Edition Initial Start scree and completely locks up. Cannot dismiss the start screen, update the waiting patch file or register with my activation code. All I can do is start Task Manager and kill the 2 Music Maker processes.

Internet trawl reveals this is a known problem caused by Magix using an newer version of QT to build the application. IO would like to know when a fix will be provided.

Unfortunately trying to raise a support call puts me into an endless loop between the user community board and irrelevant FAQs when I click on the contact support box, so I cannot ask the pertinent questions.

1) How do I actually get to be able to create a support call to Technical Support?

2) When is this known problem getting fixed, and why didn't testing reveal the problem before Magix started selling the program

Technical support - null pwoints so far.

Thank you,

David Gray

Email address removed by Moderator

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/20/2022, 6:24 PM

@David-Gray You need decline all found solutions to raise a support ticket. Here is shown how to do it https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/how-do-i-contact-technical-support--1513/

As far as I know the Ot freeze was a problem in version 30.0.4.44 but was resolved in later versions. Did you check your antivirus/Windows Defender isn't the cause of your freeze?