Music Maker Premium 2022 - How to disable start screen

highrisedrifter wrote on 7/27/2021, 6:52 PM

Hi.

When Music Maker starts, I get a splash screen that i've never had before in any previous edition. I want to disable that. How do I do it please?

Also, every time I start the program, I have to log in again on the splash screen. Then when I get to the main screen, I have to log in AGAIN! This feels like a massive step backwards and is very frustrating.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/28/2021, 3:45 AM

@highrisedrifter

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I don't think that initial splash screen can be disabled, sorry. It certainly is different in the 2022 release but my impression is that it is visible whilst MM is contacting the Magix server to fully verify that your installation is licensed and whilst all your installed components (Soundpools, Instruments, VSTs, etc.,) are fully checked.

As to the log in problems, that is something I have never seen and which I have partially experienced only once, recently. In my case, the initial start-up failed to recognise I had the Premium variant and told me I was running the Free edition. I managed to resolve it by logging out on the splash screen, allowing the workscreen to appear, then closing the app. Then when I restarted it I logged in again and everything seemed to return to normal.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. Hopefully other users may have more information for you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

highrisedrifter wrote on 7/28/2021, 8:28 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah every time I load the program, I have to log in again if I want it to recognise my premium edition. More often than not, I have to do it twice for it to recognise the fact that I should be allowed to export a completed audio file too.

The previous edition never had one single problem. Is there any way I can downgrade and get my money back for this 2022 version?

The 2021 version never had the splash screen and it seemed to verify that I had the premium version effortlessly in the background. This new one is, for me at least, a frustrating and buggy mess.

emmrecs wrote on 7/29/2021, 3:54 AM

@highrisedrifter

Did you try what I suggested (and which worked for me) of logging out, closing the app then restarting the app and logging in again? If so, presumably no change?

As to downgrading, you would need to create a Support Ticket, I think (it is a somewhat convoluted process, just keep selecting to "Ask Support" whenever you see that option offered) and ask for their assistance. The actual process of downgrading is not easy, either!

Magix policy on refunds is viewable here.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

highrisedrifter wrote on 7/29/2021, 2:26 PM

Yes. Prior to posting my thread I have signed out, closed and restarted the app. In fact, I have signed out, rebooted and restarted. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app too.

Same problems.

The only thing I haven't yet tried is to re-download the app again from Magix's site, so i'll try that first, just in case my current download is corrupted.

As for downgrading, I still have my installer for 2021 Premium on my computer, and the option to download that previous version still exists in my Magix profile on the website, so I think that an uninstall of 2022 and reinstall of 2021 would solve the downgrade issue (I think, I mean there may be far more under the surface of which I am not aware).

Thanks for linking their refund policy too; I appreciate that. I'm still within the 14 day period, so I should be able to do it.

I do like the new options and layout of the main program though, so a downgrade is a last resort.

I was so frustrated as I wrote my last post due to the program feeling like a downgrade in regards to the user experience and a good night's sleep has given me some calmer perspective.