Music Maker opens as Free, but I paid for Premium

Josh-Terry wrote on 1/27/2022, 1:06 AM

I bought Music Maker Premium last year, and even through all of the updates I've never had a problem with it. I got a new computer recently and installed MMP, and had no problems with it. But now, when I open the program it opens as the free version. Even when I log in, it remains the free version even though I've paid for the premium version. When I open my projects that I've been working on, I can't save them and I get an error message. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Is this because I'm still running MMP 2021 and not MMP 2022? Do I have to keep updating MMP every year in order to use it like I normally have?

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/27/2022, 1:40 AM

@Josh-Terry Please go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache of the store and it should work fine after doing it.

Josh-Terry wrote on 1/27/2022, 12:02 PM

@Josh-Terry Please go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache of the store and it should work fine after doing it.

Tried it, and... Nope. Sorry, but that didn't work. Thank you for your assistance. I'll keep this in mind for the future in case Music Maker Premium doesn't work.

It seems that it will "clear the cache" when I'm not logged in, but when it reloads nothing changes. It still opens up as the free version, even after logging in. When I do log in THEN attempt to clear the cache the program freezes and I have to close it through the task manager. Would I need to uninstall the program, then reinstall it?

PATIENT-X wrote on 1/27/2022, 12:32 PM

@Josh-Terry

Hello, Welcome

You could try and uninstall the program using free Revo uninstaller to remove everything including remnant entries from registry and install again.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 1/27/2022, 12:33 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

browj2 wrote on 1/27/2022, 1:15 PM

@Josh-Terry

Hi,

Music Maker is the program and it's free. Premium unlocks features and gives you some credits - not free and it is not the program. You can update to Music Maker 2022 (version 30.x.x.x) for free, log in, and it should show that you have 2021 Premium. Go to downloads and download and install everything.

You only need to buy 2022 Premium if you want the new features (and credits) that are not included with the Free Edition. See the comparison table on the Magix.com site.

The start up screen is different from MMM2021.

If you don't want to upgrade the program (for free), then I suggest that you wait for at least one full minute after logging in (even with the latest version). It has taken the program almost that long on occasion, to catch up.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Josh-Terry wrote on 1/27/2022, 1:58 PM

Okay, so I got it to work again. I ended up uninstalling Music Maker Premium and deleting all of the files associated with it (I didn't use Revo uninstaller though). I installed it again and let it perform the updates to the latest version of MMP. After that, I deleted all of the old MMP files and kept the new ones. Then I logged in to my account and it recognized it as the premium edition and installed all of the features, and it's running just fine. Hopefully this is that last time I encounter this problem, especially after performing any software updates.

I bought the premium edition last year, the 2021 edition, and after the updates the program opened as the 2022 edition. I figured that 2022 wasn't registering the premium features I bought because they were from the 2021 edition.

Thanks for your help everyone.

PATIENT-X wrote on 1/28/2022, 8:54 AM

@Josh-Terry

Hi

Glad you got it sorted out.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition