Music Maker freezes at startup

Inkadinkadoo wrote on 4/19/2018, 2:35 AM

https://gyazo.com/128945301d071d5b249872b0fa6d55dc

an image of what this looks like

I just purchased the Humble Bundle Magix bundle with Music Maker and it freezes here every time i launch it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am running Windows 7 64bit

Intel i7 7700K

Asus Maximus IX Hero Motherboard

I tried installing it to a storage HDD at first, and that did the same thing. I've since uninstalled it and reinstalled on my boot drive with default path directories and it's still doing the same thing. Freezing at startup.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/19/2018, 5:00 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, I suggest you follow the instructions in this tutorial to completely remove the existing installation of MM. Although it was designed for Win 10 users it is also applicable to Win 7. Please ensure you follow carefully all the relevant instructions.

Then try to reinstall and register the product.

Please post back and tell us whether, or not, MM is now successfully installed.

One other thing: it might be a good idea, once you have completely removed MM and before you attempt to reinstall, to check that your installation of Win 7 is as fully up to date as it can be.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Inkadinkadoo wrote on 4/19/2018, 2:52 PM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, I suggest you follow the instructions in this tutorial to completely remove the existing installation of MM. Although it was designed for Win 10 users it is also applicable to Win 7. Please ensure you follow carefully all the relevant instructions.

Then try to reinstall and register the product.

Please post back and tell us whether, or not, MM is now successfully installed.

One other thing: it might be a good idea, once you have completely removed MM and before you attempt to reinstall, to check that your installation of Win 7 is as fully up to date as it can be.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

I followed all the steps in that tutorial, however it didn't help at all. Still freezing on startup.

Inkadinkadoo wrote on 4/19/2018, 3:10 PM

I found the solution! I was having a similar issue with Discord not wanting to get passed the startup phase, and that's the only program that I had an issue with other than Music Maker. I found out that Sonic Studio was causing issues with both Discord AND Music Maker. Closing Sonic Studio before launching both these programs worked! Music Maker and Discord both work properly now. I've since disabled Sonic Studio at startup, since I don't even use it.

emmrecs wrote on 4/19/2018, 3:35 PM

Hi.

Thanks for the update. Glad you've sorted the problem! I wonder why Sonic Studio was interfering so much, perhaps it was capturing your soundcard on launch and refusing to release it? Perhaps you should consider uninstalling Sonic Studio?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Inkadinkadoo wrote on 4/21/2018, 1:03 AM

Hi.

Thanks for the update. Glad you've sorted the problem! I wonder why Sonic Studio was interfering so much, perhaps it was capturing your soundcard on launch and refusing to release it? Perhaps you should consider uninstalling Sonic Studio?

Jeff

I also had an issue with Nvidia Shadowplay not recording audio. I also have Realtek HD Audio Manager installed, this is all bloatware from an Asus Motherboard driver disc that I neglected to remove. Disabling both of these fixed Nvidia Shadowplay audio recording issues. I can only assume you're right about the audio managers capturing the sound and not letting other programs capture the sound at the same time.