Music Maker 80s Edition doesn't allow VST?

PigeonthePigeon wrote on 12/16/2017, 6:11 PM

I just bought Music Maker 80s Edition through the humble bundle, and I'm very confused. It seems in the settings there is no option to add a path for VST. Is there a way to add the option? I bought it because I wanted a program that would actually let me use third party vst unlike studio one. To be fair, it was only a euro, but I'm a little sad what was promised isn't here.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 12/16/2017, 6:56 PM

Hi,

What you have is the free version plus some Soundpools and instrumentsas far as I can tell from looking at the Magix.com site. Take a look there. Did you activate everything under Store, More features, Presets, instruments that can be activated? Some require a download as they are not with the main MMM engine.

From what I saw previously with Special Editions, you do not get the Plus and Premium features, including VST access.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

PigeonthePigeon wrote on 12/16/2017, 7:02 PM

Hi,

What you have is the free version plus some Soundpools and instrumentsas far as I can tell from looking at the Magix.com site. Take a look there. Did you activate everything under Store, More features, Presets, instruments that can be activated? Some require a download as they are not with the main MMM engine.

From what I saw previously with Special Editions, you do not get the Plus and Premium features, including VST access.

John CB

So I paid for a free version of the software? That's really strange. I activated everything already, and recieved the soundpool I bought. VST access is still not here. The help section of the program says that VST can be added in this version, so it's not that.

Do you know if there's a way to add a VST path when there are none?

browj2 wrote on 12/16/2017, 7:11 PM

The is only one base version now, and that is the free one. You then build on it by activating your purchases through the Store, and as I said, many of them include a download that happens when you click on the download button on the icon in the store. Did you do what I said?

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Larry98 wrote on 12/16/2017, 11:17 PM

So I paid for a free version of the software?

The base programm is always the free version. Depending on your edition you are getting coupons to get more features, presets, soundpools and instruments.

And for 30$ 3 soundpools + 1 instrument which costs normally 90$ is a pretty good deal.

Even earlier special editions doesn't had vst support.

To raise the limits buy the plus or premium edition (premium raise all limits), raise the limits for 9,99 each or unlock them with a older version (MX-2017)

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.

gbraad wrote on 12/17/2017, 1:40 AM
So I paid for a free version of the software?

You paid for soundpools, which in the case of the Humble Bundle is "80's" and "Hip Hop" (3 each). But the bundle is actually more centered around Vegas 14 (Edit) anyways and comes with a great Vintage Effects VST plugin set.

Not sure, but I believe only the Plus and Premium editions come with external VST selection support. Personally I have never used Music Maker for this, as Samplitude (DAW) in my opinion would be a better fit if you are more serious. Note: the internal instruments are actually VST-based.

gbraad wrote on 12/17/2017, 9:29 AM

Update

I just checked it myself, and you can activate VST support in several ways, but they all need you to use the Store option. From the drop-down choose "More features". Here you can choose to purchase the "Creative Suite", which adds "VST Support", about $9.99. The other is to choose "Other editions" and upgrade to the "Music Maker plus edition", about $59.99 (includes additional instruments and soundpools)

Larry98 wrote on 12/17/2017, 9:32 AM

Update

I just checked it myself, and you can activate VST support in several ways, but they all need you to use the Store option. From the drop-down choose "More features". Here you can choose to purchase the "Creative Suite", which adds "VST Support", about $9.99. The other is to choose "Other editions" and upgrade to the "Music Maker plus edition", about $59.99 (includes additional instruments and soundpools)

You can also unlock the feature by using a older edition (MX-2017) + the current premium edition.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.