Comments

nihon94 wrote on 2/18/2014, 1:55 AM

Once upon a time I had the same question and found out that like other software in Music Maker we got to do fade in or out manually. I am sharing screen shot from a tutorial long back I had downloaded from Magix (no longer available I guess). Please refer the screen shot.

If still need further help send message.

nihon94

xx

Former user wrote on 2/18/2014, 2:21 AM

Thanks but if I have forexample 16 tracks to fade out is there any automation fade-system for all track at the same time?

nihon94 wrote on 2/18/2014, 4:18 AM

"Thanks but if I have forexample 16 tracks to fade out is there any automation fade-system for all track at the same time?"

As far as I know, in Music Maker there isn't any automation for fade in or out etc., BUT why not try like this:

Suppose there are many objects in 16 tracks for example you can use Shift and left click to choose from one point to end (ABCDEFGHIJKL). Or you can chose using Ctrl and left click (mouse/pad) such as put cursor on A then left click then put cursor on D then left click and so on finally use the manual method I think all selected object will work in the same was as you move handle.

I did not try this one: chose objects using Shift and left click or Ctrl with left click after choosing group them using Music Maker command Form group Ctrl + L/ Ungroup Ctrl + M

nihon94

browj2 wrote on 2/18/2014, 11:05 AM

Hi,

As Nihon94 says, just drag the fade handles. To do all tracks, use your mouse to highlight all last objects by starting outside of the top or bottom object, i.e. in a blank space to the right of the object on track 1, hold down the left button and drag the mouse across all of the last objects on all of the tracks that you want to fade out. This will highlight the objects. Then with the mouse, grab the right fade handle on the first track and drag it to the left. Make sure that you grab the handle and not somewhere else on the object or you will lose the selection of the other objects. When you drag the fader handle of the first object, the others will all follow. See below.

Last changed by browj2 on 2/18/2014, 11:05 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

browj2 wrote on 2/20/2014, 1:15 PM

Hi,

Time to start reading the manual.

Look up Amplitude under F1, select the second entry and go through it. "This function allows sample ranges to be faded in or out. The amplitude is varied according to time characteristic from the beginning start value to the range's final end value. When the function is activated, a window appears to specify the operations's parameters......"

Read the rest of the above section. This is a destructive mode, not an adjustable one like dragging the handles, so be very careful. To get into it, right click on an object that you want to modify - permanently, and select Wave Editing. Make sure that you have selected a range to be used. The screen will change and you now have access to the Fade in/out. When you select this, there is a screen on which you can adjust your parameters, thus the fade in/out does not have to be linear. To get back to the normal screen from the wave editing window, just close it with the x in the upper right of the window.

Enjoy reading the manual!

Last changed by browj2 on 2/20/2014, 1:15 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Former user wrote on 2/21/2014, 4:13 AM

Thank you John!It was a clear answer.Thank`s again!

wraivencasket wrote on 6/12/2018, 4:36 PM

Yeah, I tried that and it doesn't work. I already figured that was how you do it, however, when I use the fade out option, the music does not fade in or out...it's like the bar that you drag up or down does nothing to fade, it only works as a simply volume control for the whole note.

johnebaker wrote on 6/13/2018, 3:19 AM

@wraivencasket

This topic is 4 years old and refers to an old version of Music Maker and Studio 2.

Please read this topic and put the following information in your profile signature so we do not have to ask for it: 

• Computer specification - processor make/model, graphics card or chipset make/model, audio card or chipset make/model, RAM,  hard drive configuration and sizes?
  • Windows version and is it up to date?  Press and hold down the Windows key and the R key - in the dialog that opens type in winver and press enter.
  • Software full name and version number - as found under Help, About . . .

The method of fading out an object is still the same in modern versions of the program, please read Nihon94's first comment above - click on the image and you will see how to fade in/out and object.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.