Comments

rraud wrote on 9/5/2022, 10:08 AM

I have never heard of the 'mu-law' format, OTOH, μ-law is an 8-bit PCM file. If that is the case, you could render a PCM <.wav> file and change the file's extension from <.wav> to what is needed.

update: See https://www.marketingmessages.com/audio-formats-for-ivr-prompts-mu-law/, I think that format uses the <.vox> extension. Sound Forge can encode an 'Intervoice' <.ivc> format file if that would work. I do not have experience with either.

I normally use an online convert. er such as Zamzar or audio.online-convaert to encode ringtone formats SF can not encode.

I have Sony Soundforge-16

FYI @mary-o, the last "Sony" version was Sound Forge 11. MAGIX Software GmbH acquired the SCS (Sony Creative Software) titles in 2016 (Sound Forge, Vegas, Acid, ect).

mary-o wrote on 9/20/2022, 5:19 PM

Can anyone help...? I have Sony SoundForge 16. Went away for a few days. Came back to record voice narrations. Every time I open the program I get a "crash recovery" error message. It says "files that can be recovered are unrecognized temp files" . I just clicked cancel to get out of it and started recording voiceovers. When I click 'file, new" and go to record something to edit into original recording...it would not allow me to do so. Stumped on how to rectify this situation.

rraud wrote on 9/20/2022, 5:56 PM

Hi @mary-o, try removing the existing 'temp' files from your default 'record and temp files' folder. If you do not recall where it is, I think the default is AppData\Local\MAGIX\SOUND FORGE.. (which is usually hidden). otherwise look for the file path in "Options> Preferences> General"> "Temporary files and record folder". If you so desire, you can also change it there

If removing the temps files does not help, try the 'reset and clear cache' in the File menu.

btw, there is no 'Sony' Sound Forge-16 unless it's a new hacked version.

mary-o wrote on 9/20/2022, 6:37 PM

Thanks...how do I do that. Can you walk me through the steps? I have never had this one happen before.