Movie Studio Platinum and Music Msker plus/samplitude Music studio

john-n5890 wrote on 7/21/2022, 10:29 PM

I purchased Music Maker Plus Edition and Samlitude Music Studio Movie Studio platinum from Best Buy I cannot get them to work it keeps telling me that the keys have already been used. I am getting very frustrated with the products I need help with these issues my operating system is Windows 11 and lap top is Hp Envy generation 12 I7

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/22/2022, 12:39 AM

@john-n5890 It's possible that Best Buy sold you already used programs that were returned or have faulty serial numbers. So you need either to contact Best Buy to replace your programs or contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net to replace your serial numbers.

emmrecs wrote on 7/22/2022, 3:29 AM

@john-n5890

As @SP. says, for problems with software purchased from any third-party seller (i.e., not directly from Magix) you need to contact that seller. They are responsible for ensuring that you have a product that can be installed and "works". In your situation, Magix will have no record of your purchase.

@SP. I doubt very much whether Magix Customer Service will be able to help in this situation. I do not think they will be able to offer any replacement serial keys without the currently-registered owner of the original keys contacting Magix and asking for their registration to be cancelled.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 7/22/2022, 5:01 AM

@emmrecs I believe two or three years ago Magix sent out incorrect serial numbers to vendors in Germany and the customer service replaced them. I'm not sure why there are these regular problems with Best Buy. I would guess that they sometimes resell returned products that were already registered. But what if the product is still sealed? Or do they replace a broken seal?