Comments

rraud wrote on 11/1/2021, 6:01 PM

Which version of Sound Forge? .. Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

Go to "Options> Preferences> Audio" Device type, select the Record tab" and choose the device's input(s)... Then select "File> New" and choose the pertinent parameters. Select "View> Record options" and 'Transport> Arm' .. aka, 'record ready' to view and set the record levels ( at the source or interface (soundcard). Commence recording in the 'Transport' menu or the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+R).
Sound Forge Audio Studio may be similar.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @bill-n.

bill-n wrote on 11/2/2021, 7:49 AM

Okay, update with additional info (thanks, @rraud). I have Sound Forge Audio Studio Version 15.0 build 57. I am using a tablet with Windows 10 OS. Is there a setting to record in mono only? Thanks!

rraud wrote on 11/2/2021, 9:32 AM

I am not very familiar with AS, maybe someone with AS can elaborate. As I stated, it is likely similar to SF-Pro. Select 'New' in the 'File' menu... Look in the user manual or the help files or... iI may be in the 'Record' window, as it was with versions prior to SF Pro 11. which was much more intuitive (I will spare you my rant about beta testing SF Pro-11 for SCS).

bill-n wrote on 11/2/2021, 9:35 AM

Excellent! Thanks!