MODX8 sounds

Beernt wrote on 4/1/2021, 11:14 AM

Hi, I am a newby on this, so forgive me for asking.

I purchased the latest version of MM Premium. I connected my Yamaha MODX8 to the computer. If I record a track, and I selected a sound from the MODX I can only play back in that sound. If I change te preset/sound it will change in MM also. Recording a 2nd track is then also with that sound. Ik can not change the seperate sounds per track. Anyone?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/1/2021, 2:00 PM

@Beernt

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Different sounds on each track depend on the MIDI settings of your keyboard. Essentially you have to set "Sound A" to respond to e.g., MIDI Channel 1 and "Sound B" to respond to, e.g., MIDI Channel 2. Exactly how you make this setup on your keyboard should be detailed in its manual.

For playback from MM, in the MIDI Editor screen for each individual track, under Options you can set which MIDI channel the data is output to. In the case of my example (I hope it's obvious) "Sound A's recording" needs to be set to Channel 1, "Sound B" to Channel 2.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Graham-Hawker wrote on 4/1/2021, 2:06 PM

You're going to need to learn about midi, midi channels, local control, midi program change numbers. You seem to have recorded some midi data and that will play back whatever sound you have selected on the MODX8. Midi is a complex thing. Music Maker is fairly basic when it comes to midi. I'm not sure how the MOD8X sends patch/program change numbers or how Music Maker records that information. One thing you would need to do is turn of local control so that the MOD8X only sends data to the PC and only plays data coming back from the PC. I admit this answer is not that helpful but it is complex and I admit to avoiding this stuff for years.